- Africa (89)
- Americas (210)
- Archive (439)
- Asia (175)
- Australia (20)
- Europe & Central Asia (32)
- Middle East (21)
- Pacific (66)
- Species Group (137)
- Taxonomy (1)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Cory’s Shearwater (Calonectris diomedea) is being split: request for information on C. diomedea and C. borealis
- The taxonomic treatment of the Little Shearwater (Puffinus assimilis)/Audubon’s Shearwater (P. lherminieri) complex is being revised, and P. bryani is being recognised as a species: request for information
- Aleutian Tern (Sterna aleutica): uplist to Vulnerable or Endangered?
- Ogea Monarch (Mayrornis versicolor): downlist to Near Threatened or Least Concern?
- West Indian Whistling-duck (Dendrocygna arborea): request for information
Tag Archives: Philippine Hawk-owl
Archived 2014 discussion: Philippine Hawk-owl (Ninox philippensis) is being split: list N. leventisi and N. rumseyi as Endangered, N. reyi and N. mindorensis as Vulnerable, and N. spilonota and N. philippensis as Near Threatened?
Philippine Hawk-owl Ninox philippensis is being split into Ninox philippensis, N. mindorensis, N. spilonota, N. spilocephala, N. rumseyi, N. leventisi and N. reyi. Continue reading