- Africa (169)
- Americas (321)
- Archive (716)
- Asia (266)
- Australia (35)
- Europe & Central Asia (70)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (47)
- Pacific (103)
- Species Group (189)
- Taxonomy (158)
Five most recent topics
- Review of illegal killing of birds in Europe, the Arabian Peninsula, Iraq and Iran
- Shy Albatross (Thalassarche cauta): uplist from Near Threatened to Vulnerable?
- Amsterdam Albatross (Diomedea amsterdamensis): downlist from Critically Endangered to Endangered?
- Okarito Brown Kiwi (Apteryx rowi): Downlist to Vulnerable?
- Northern Brown Kiwi (Apteryx mantelli): downlist to Vulnerable?
- From Rome with Love March 23, 2017This article is the editorial for the March edition of the BirdLife Europe & Central Asia Newsletter.
- Discovery of a new breeding site for the Critically Endangered Blue-throated Macaw March 23, 2017Originally published at armoniabolivia.org In early February, an Armonía (BirdLife Bolivia) expedition discovered a new breeding area of the Blue-throated Macaw Ara glaucogularis (Critically Endangered). The groundbreaking discovery is a major step towards understanding the life cycle of the macaw and most importantly, to ensure the species' full protection. Since 2008, Armonía has been protecting […]
- A stroke of luck: filming Natura 2000 March 23, 2017As we celebrate 60 years of European unity, the director of SEO/BirdLife (Spain), Asunción Ruiz, reflects on the success of the EU’s Natura 2000 network – the largest coordinated network of protected areas in the world. At SEO/BirdLife Spain, we try to make our own luck – when you work for an environmental NGO, you […]
- From Rome with Love March 23, 2017
Tag Archives: Palkachupa Cotinga
Palkachupa Cotinga Phibalura boliviana has recently been split from P. flavirostris: it is restricted to a small area of c650 km2 in western Bolivia within which the total population has been estimated at 600-800 individuals, suggesting that categorisation as Endangered or Vulnerable may be most appropriate. Continue reading