- Africa (104)
- Americas (215)
- Archive (438)
- Asia (191)
- Australia (20)
- Europe & Central Asia (62)
- Illegal killing of birds (1)
- Middle East (35)
- Pacific (67)
- Species Group (153)
- Taxonomy (1)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Razorbill (Alca torda) – uplist from Least Concern to Near Threatened?
- Red-breasted Goose (Branta ruficollis) – downlist from Endangered to Near Threatened?
- Yelkouan Shearwater (Puffinus yelkouan) – downlist from Vulnerable to Least Concern?
- Armenian Gull (Larus armenicus) – uplist from Least Concern to Near Threatened?
- Audouin’s Gull (Larus audouinii) – downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
Tag Archives: Pale-headed Brush-finch
Pale-headed Brush-finch Atlapetes pallidiceps is currently listed as Critically Endangered under criteria B1a+b(i,ii,iii); B2a+b(i,ii,iii), on the basis that it occupies an extremely small range, and was regarded as threatened by habitat loss and, because of its rarity, brood parasitism by Shiny Cowbirds Molothrus bonariensis. Although the species’s range size meets the thresholds for Critically Endangered under the B criterion, it is stable and will probably increase with continued conservation work. Continue reading