- Africa (113)
- Americas (217)
- Archive (438)
- Asia (199)
- Australia (28)
- Europe & Central Asia (66)
- Illegal killing of birds (1)
- Middle East (41)
- Pacific (69)
- Species Group (163)
- Taxonomy (1)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Red Knot (Calidris canutus): request for information
- Curlew Sandpiper (Calidris ferruginea): request for information
- Bar-tailed Godwit (Limosa lapponica): uplist to Vulnerable?
- Great Knot (Calidris tenuirostris): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered or Critically Endangered?
- Far Eastern Curlew (Numenius madagascariensis): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered or Critically Endangered?
Tag Archives: Pale-billed Antpitta
It is suggested that this species qualifies for uplisting at least to Near Threatened under criterion B1a+b(ii,iii) on the basis that it has a small range, in which there are on-going declines in the Area of Occupancy and area, extent and/or quality of habitat owing to continued deforestation. Comments are invited on this suggested category change, as well as on the potential for the species to qualify as Vulnerable under B1. Continue reading