- Africa (87)
- Americas (209)
- Archive (255)
- Asia (174)
- Australia (20)
- Europe & Central Asia (32)
- Middle East (21)
- Pacific (64)
- Species Group (134)
- Taxonomy (1)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Suggestions for new topics
- Crescent-chested Puffbird (Malacoptila striata) is being split: list M. minor as Critically Endangered and M. striata as Near Threatened?
- Xantus’s Murrelet (Synthliboramphus hypoleucus) is being split: list S. hypoleucus as Endangered and S. scrippsi as Vulnerable?
- The recently described taxon Capito fitzpatricki is being recognised as a species by BirdLife: list the species as Near Threatened?
- Ringed Woodpecker (Celeus torquatus) is being split: request for information on C. tinnunculus, and list C. torquatus as Near Threatened and C. occidentalis as Least Concern?
Tag Archives: Palawan Blue-flycatcher
Archived 2012-2013 topics: Melodious Babbler (Malacopteron palawanense), Palawan Blue-flycatcher (Cyornis lemprieri) and Blue Paradise-flycatcher (Terpsiphone cyanescens): downlist to Least Concern?
A recently published study has found that all three species are more tolerant of habitat degradation and fragmentation than was previously thought (Mallari et al. 2011, A. Mallari pers. comm.), bringing into question the validity of their status as Near Threatened. It is thus suggested that these species be downlisted to Least Concern, on the basis that they are no longer thought to approach the thresholds for Vulnerable under any of the IUCN criteria. Continue reading