- Africa (114)
- Americas (218)
- Archive (525)
- Asia (200)
- Australia (29)
- Europe & Central Asia (67)
- Illegal killing of birds (1)
- Middle East (42)
- Pacific (70)
- Species Group (164)
- Taxonomy (3)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Consultation on a subset of potential taxonomic changes to passerines
- Global IUCN Red List for birds – 2015 changes
- The taxonomic treatment of the Little Shearwater (Puffinus assimilis)/Audubon’s Shearwater (P. lherminieri) complex is being revised, and P. bryani is being recognised as a species: request for information
- Black-bellied Sandgrouse (Pterocles orientalis) – request for information from Central Asia
- Tessmann’s Flycatcher (Muscicapa tessmanni): List as Least Concern?
- 10 stunning portraits of Argentinian birds [PHOTOS] July 28, 2016Today we don't only celebrate 100 years of our Partner Aves Argentinas but also the incredible biodiversity they conserve. This is only the first round! For more stories like this, subscribe to our email list:
- The early days of Aves Argentinas July 28, 2016Today Aves Argentinas turns 100 years old. Where does the organization come from? What was the vision of its founders? And, given the colourful variety of birds living in the country, how did the dull-looking Rufous Hornero become the national emblem of the country? We take a look back in time.
- 100 years of Aves Argentinas July 28, 2016In 1916 the Sociedad Ornitológica del Plata was founded by a small group of visionaries. Today it counts 3,000 members and works on over 1,000 species. Hernan Casañas, CEO of the organization, reflects on a century of conservation work.
- 10 stunning portraits of Argentinian birds [PHOTOS] July 28, 2016
Tag Archives: Ornate Lorikeet
Ornate Lorikeet Trichoglossus ornatus is listed as Least Concern on the basis that it does not approach the thresholds for Vulnerable under any of the IUCN criteria. However, information recently received by BirdLife suggests that this species is no longer common in northern and central parts of Sulawesi – In light of these observations, up-to-date information is requested on this species. Continue reading