- Africa (167)
- Americas (320)
- Archive (716)
- Asia (265)
- Australia (35)
- Europe & Central Asia (70)
- Illegal killing of birds (1)
- Middle East (47)
- Pacific (103)
- Species Group (189)
- Taxonomy (158)
- Uncategorized (6)
Five most recent topics
- Yellow-breasted Pipit (Hemimacronyx chloris): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered?
- Okarito Brown Kiwi (Apteryx rowi): Downlist to Vulnerable?
- White-winged Cotinga (Xipholena atropurpurea): downlist from Endangered to Vulnerable?
- Atlantic Royal Flycatcher (Onychorhynchus swainsoni): downlist from Vulnerable to Near Threatened?
- The taxonomic treatment of the Little Shearwater (Puffinus assimilis)/Audubon’s Shearwater (P. lherminieri) complex is being revised, and P. bryani is being recognised as a species: request for information
- Critical conservation summit must not become a Mexican stand-off December 1, 2016Ready, steady, go: the 13th Conference of the Parties of the Convention on Biological Diversity* opens tomorrow in Cancun, Mexico. The agenda? Nothing less than the future of the world's species and their habitats. Over the next 15 days, governments will be discussing international policies to tackle a variety of issues. These include: the creation […]
- The loss of a tireless worker for petrels – Bob the petrel detector dog December 1, 2016Sea bird conservation lost a tireless worker when Bob, one of two New Zealand trained `petrel detector’ dogs, sadly died last week after falling sick on Gau. Bob, and his mate Tar, had been searching for the nests of Fiji Petrel on Gau island since their arrival in 2012. Fiji Petrel is critically endangered, thought […]
- A Phnom-enal award for our team in Cambodia November 30, 2016BirdLife’s Cambodia Programme, which has saved several Critically Endangered from extinction, has received a prestigious award from the biodiverse country’s government. Five Critically Endangered bird species protected. Ten projects supporting vital bird habitats. Countless new protected areas declared. In thirteen years, BirdLife’s Cambodia Programme has managed to revitalize the natural landscape of this biodiverse South-East […]
- Critical conservation summit must not become a Mexican stand-off December 1, 2016
Tag Archives: Ornate Lorikeet
Ornate Lorikeet Trichoglossus ornatus is listed as Least Concern on the basis that it does not approach the thresholds for Vulnerable under any of the IUCN criteria. However, information recently received by BirdLife suggests that this species is no longer common in northern and central parts of Sulawesi – In light of these observations, up-to-date information is requested on this species. Continue reading