- Africa (104)
- Americas (215)
- Archive (438)
- Asia (191)
- Australia (20)
- Europe & Central Asia (62)
- Illegal killing of birds (1)
- Middle East (35)
- Pacific (67)
- Species Group (153)
- Taxonomy (1)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Razorbill (Alca torda) – uplist from Least Concern to Near Threatened?
- Red-breasted Goose (Branta ruficollis) – downlist from Endangered to Near Threatened?
- Yelkouan Shearwater (Puffinus yelkouan) – downlist from Vulnerable to Least Concern?
- Armenian Gull (Larus armenicus) – uplist from Least Concern to Near Threatened?
- Audouin’s Gull (Larus audouinii) – downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
Tag Archives: Oriental Pied Hornbill
Archived 2011-2012 topics: Oriental Pied Hornbill (Anthracoceros albirostris): request for information
Although little concern has been expressed in the past regarding its status, it was recently noted that this species has been almost completely extirpated from southern China (J. Fellowes in litt. 2010). In the Thai-Malay Peninsula, the species is in decline probably owing to off-take for the trade in fledglings and outright forest clearance, which leads to its local disappearance (Wells 1999). Continue reading