- Africa (169)
- Americas (321)
- Archive (716)
- Asia (266)
- Australia (35)
- Europe & Central Asia (70)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (47)
- Pacific (103)
- Species Group (189)
- Taxonomy (158)
Five most recent topics
- Review of illegal killing of birds in Europe, the Arabian Peninsula, Iraq and Iran
- Shy Albatross (Thalassarche cauta): uplist from Near Threatened to Vulnerable?
- Amsterdam Albatross (Diomedea amsterdamensis): downlist from Critically Endangered to Endangered?
- Okarito Brown Kiwi (Apteryx rowi): Downlist to Vulnerable?
- Northern Brown Kiwi (Apteryx mantelli): downlist to Vulnerable?
- 45% of Arctic shorebirds are disappearing - here's the plan to save them April 21, 2017Across the globe, 45% of Arctic-nesting shorebirds are decreasing. The new Pacific Americas Shorebird Conservation Strategy aims to identify the threats and develop strategies to save them. Shorebirds—plovers, oystercatchers, sandpipers, godwits, curlews—can be found along the entirety of the Pacific coast of the Western Hemisphere during some time of the year. Many species travel from Arctic breeding […]
- Biodiversity hit by depletion in West Africa hotspot April 21, 2017Intensified pressure on natural resources by human beings is having a damaging effect on biodiversity in the Guinean Forests of West Africa hotspot, and could lead to a loss of countless ecosystem services to humanity and biodiversity in the region, stakeholders have warned. During a series of stakeholder engagement meetings organised by BirdLife, the Critical […]
- The Bird Bulletin - Vol. 4 April 21, 2017Welcome to the latest edition of ‘The Bird Bulletin’ – our new weekly news brief. Every Friday morning, we’ll bring you bite-sized updates from across Europe & Central Asia - now you can kick start every weekend with ‘what a little bird told me!’ ONE WEEK to save farmland birds! The European Commission’s Public […]
- 45% of Arctic shorebirds are disappearing - here's the plan to save them April 21, 2017
Tag Archives: Obscure Berrypecker
Obscure Berrypecker Melanocharis arfakiana is currently listed as Data Deficient, on the basis that there is insufficient information available to evaluate the species’s threat status using the IUCN criteria. Up-to-date information on this species is requested to help in the re-evaluation of its status. In particular, estimates of the population size and details of potential threats and their impacts would be useful. Continue reading