- Africa (88)
- Americas (186)
- Archive (255)
- Asia (169)
- Australia (20)
- Europe & Central Asia (32)
- Middle East (21)
- Pacific (61)
- Species Group (124)
- Taxonomy (1)
Five most recent topics
- Suggestions for new topics
- The taxonomic treatment of the Little Shearwater (Puffinus assimilis)/Audubon’s Shearwater (P. lherminieri) complex is being revised, and P. bryani is being recognised as a species: request for information
- Cory’s Shearwater (Calonectris diomedea) is being split: request for information on C. diomedea and C. borealis
- King Rail (Rallus elegans) is being split: request for information on R. elegans and R. tenuirostris.
- Sulawesi Scops-owl (Otus manadensis) is being split: list O. mendeni and O. sulaensis as Vulnerable?
Tag Archives: Northern Royal Albatross
Northern Royal Albatross Diomedea sanfordi is listed as Endangered under criteria A4b,c; B2a+b(iii,v) on the basis that the species occupies an Area of Occupancy of less than 10 km2, including fewer than five locations (three island groups), in which the population is estimated to be undergoing a very rapid decline. Further information on this species’s current and projected population trends over a period of 81 years (revised estimate of three generations), as well as the estimated population size, is requested to help in the assessment of its threat status.