- Africa (114)
- Americas (218)
- Archive (525)
- Asia (200)
- Australia (29)
- Europe & Central Asia (67)
- Illegal killing of birds (1)
- Middle East (42)
- Pacific (70)
- Species Group (164)
- Taxonomy (2)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Global IUCN Red List for birds – 2015 changes
- The taxonomic treatment of the Little Shearwater (Puffinus assimilis)/Audubon’s Shearwater (P. lherminieri) complex is being revised, and P. bryani is being recognised as a species: request for information
- Black-bellied Sandgrouse (Pterocles orientalis) – request for information from Central Asia
- Tessmann’s Flycatcher (Muscicapa tessmanni): List as Least Concern?
- Eared Quetzal (Euptilotis neoxenus): Downlist to Least Concern?
Tag Archives: New Zealand Snipe
Archived 2014 discussion: New Zealand Snipe (Coenocorypha aucklandica) is being split: list C. iredalei as Extinct, C. huegeli as Vulnerable and C. aucklandica as Near Threatened?
New Zealand Snipe Coenocorypha aucklandica is being split into C. aucklandica, C. iredalei and C. huegeli, following the application of criteria set out by Tobias et al. (2010). Continue reading