- Africa (89)
- Americas (210)
- Archive (439)
- Asia (175)
- Australia (20)
- Europe & Central Asia (32)
- Middle East (21)
- Pacific (66)
- Species Group (136)
- Taxonomy (1)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Cory’s Shearwater (Calonectris diomedea) is being split: request for information on C. diomedea and C. borealis
- The taxonomic treatment of the Little Shearwater (Puffinus assimilis)/Audubon’s Shearwater (P. lherminieri) complex is being revised, and P. bryani is being recognised as a species: request for information
- Aleutian Tern (Sterna aleutica): uplist to Vulnerable or Endangered?
- Ogea Monarch (Mayrornis versicolor): downlist to Near Threatened or Least Concern?
- West Indian Whistling-duck (Dendrocygna arborea): request for information
Tag Archives: New Zealand Snipe
Archived 2014 discussion: New Zealand Snipe (Coenocorypha aucklandica) is being split: list C. iredalei as Extinct, C. huegeli as Vulnerable and C. aucklandica as Near Threatened?
New Zealand Snipe Coenocorypha aucklandica is being split into C. aucklandica, C. iredalei and C. huegeli, following the application of criteria set out by Tobias et al. (2010). Continue reading