- Africa (188)
- Americas (341)
- Archive (716)
- Asia (299)
- Australia (40)
- Europe & Central Asia (85)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (56)
- Pacific (134)
- Species Group (212)
- Taxonomy (160)
Five most recent topics
- Re-assessment of Species against Criterion B1: Red List Implications of the use of Minimum Convex Polygons
- Species to be potentially uplisted after a reassessment of species against criterion B2, following Tracewski et al. (2016)
- Proposed Status Changes of Forest-dependent Species
- Snowy Owl (Bubo scandiacus): uplist from Least Concern to Vulnerable?
- Yellow-naped Amazon (Amazona auropalliata): request for information.
- I can’t believe we still have to raise funds to protect penguins… June 20, 2017Rory Crawford, from the BirdLife International Marine Programme team, blogs about BirdLife's latest work to save penguins from extinction. As BirdLife launched a campaign to raise funds for our work to protect penguins, I kept thinking about the following (censored!) image from a Women’s Rights march (which has been seen at various marches and protests […]
- Paradise saved: some of world’s rarest birds rebound on Pacific islands cleared of invasive predators June 20, 2017Just two years after ambitious efforts by a team of international conservation organisations to rid French Polynesia’s Acteon & Gambier island groups of invasive mammals began, five of six targeted islands are now confirmed as predator-free—a ground-breaking one thousand hectares in total. Early signs already indicate that rare birds found nowhere else in the world […]
- Scenario 6: Sustainable Europe for its Citizens June 20, 2017Brussels, June 20, 2017 More than 250 non-government organisations from across Europe have today released an alternative vision for a more democratic, just and sustainable Europe. Intended to influence the debate on the future direction of Europe, this alternative vision is endorsed by organisations representing a multitude of public interest issues, including labour rights, culture, […]
- I can’t believe we still have to raise funds to protect penguins… June 20, 2017
Tag Archives: Negros Fruit-dove
Archived 2014 discussion: Negros Fruit-dove (Ptilinopus arcanus): uplist to Critically Endangered (Possibly Extinct)?
This discussion was first published as part of the 2013 Red List update, but remains open for comment to enable reassessment in 2014. BirdLife species factsheet for Negros Fruit-dove Negros Fruit-dove Ptilinopus arcanus is restricted to the Philippines, where it is … Continue reading