- Africa (114)
- Americas (218)
- Archive (525)
- Asia (200)
- Australia (29)
- Europe & Central Asia (67)
- Illegal killing of birds (1)
- Middle East (42)
- Pacific (70)
- Species Group (164)
- Taxonomy (2)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Global IUCN Red List for birds – 2015 changes
- The taxonomic treatment of the Little Shearwater (Puffinus assimilis)/Audubon’s Shearwater (P. lherminieri) complex is being revised, and P. bryani is being recognised as a species: request for information
- Black-bellied Sandgrouse (Pterocles orientalis) – request for information from Central Asia
- Tessmann’s Flycatcher (Muscicapa tessmanni): List as Least Concern?
- Eared Quetzal (Euptilotis neoxenus): Downlist to Least Concern?
Tag Archives: Maroon-chinned Fruit-dove
Archived 2014 discussion: Maroon-chinned Fruit-dove (Ptilinopus subgularis) is being split: list both P. subgularis and P. mangoliensis as Vulnerable and P. epia as Near Threatened?
Maroon-chinned Fruit-dove Ptilinopus subgularis is being split into P. subgularis, P. mangoliensis and P. epia, following the application of criteria set out by Tobias et al. (2010). Continue reading