- Africa (89)
- Americas (210)
- Archive (255)
- Asia (174)
- Australia (20)
- Europe & Central Asia (32)
- Middle East (21)
- Pacific (66)
- Species Group (136)
- Taxonomy (1)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Suggestions for new topics
- Black Parrot (Coracopsis nigra) is being split: request for information on C. sibilans, and list C. barklyi as Vulnerable?
- Additional changes to species listed as Extinct: six [edited from five] Extinct species are being re-categorised as Not Recognised and 12 taxa [edited from 11] are being newly recognised as Extinct species
- Tahiti Kingfisher (Todiramphus veneratus) is being split: list T. youngi as Near Threatened and T. veneratus as Least Concern?
- Crescent-chested Puffbird (Malacoptila striata) is being split: list M. minor as Critically Endangered and M. striata as Near Threatened?
Tag Archives: Malaysian Whistling-thrush
Archived 2010-2011 topics: Malaysian Whistling-thrush (Myophonus robinsoni): uplist to Near Threatened?
Malaysian Whistling-thrush Myophonus robinsoni is currently listed as Least Concern. New information suggests it is suspected to be declining and the range and population size estimates meet the thresholds for Endangered under the B criterion and Vulnerable under the C criterion, however the species does not qualify for these categories because its population is not considered to be severely fragmented and there is insufficient information available to ascertain its sub-population structure. Is therefore proposed that the species be uplisted to Near Threatened. Continue reading