- Africa (89)
- Americas (210)
- Archive (439)
- Asia (175)
- Australia (20)
- Europe & Central Asia (32)
- Middle East (21)
- Pacific (66)
- Species Group (137)
- Taxonomy (1)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Cory’s Shearwater (Calonectris diomedea) is being split: request for information on C. diomedea and C. borealis
- The taxonomic treatment of the Little Shearwater (Puffinus assimilis)/Audubon’s Shearwater (P. lherminieri) complex is being revised, and P. bryani is being recognised as a species: request for information
- Aleutian Tern (Sterna aleutica): uplist to Vulnerable or Endangered?
- Ogea Monarch (Mayrornis versicolor): downlist to Near Threatened or Least Concern?
- West Indian Whistling-duck (Dendrocygna arborea): request for information
Tag Archives: Malaysian Whistling-thrush
Archived 2010-2011 topics: Malaysian Whistling-thrush (Myophonus robinsoni): uplist to Near Threatened?
Malaysian Whistling-thrush Myophonus robinsoni is currently listed as Least Concern. New information suggests it is suspected to be declining and the range and population size estimates meet the thresholds for Endangered under the B criterion and Vulnerable under the C criterion, however the species does not qualify for these categories because its population is not considered to be severely fragmented and there is insufficient information available to ascertain its sub-population structure. Is therefore proposed that the species be uplisted to Near Threatened. Continue reading