- Africa (114)
- Americas (218)
- Archive (525)
- Asia (200)
- Australia (29)
- Europe & Central Asia (67)
- Illegal killing of birds (1)
- Middle East (42)
- Pacific (70)
- Species Group (164)
- Taxonomy (2)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Global IUCN Red List for birds – 2015 changes
- The taxonomic treatment of the Little Shearwater (Puffinus assimilis)/Audubon’s Shearwater (P. lherminieri) complex is being revised, and P. bryani is being recognised as a species: request for information
- Black-bellied Sandgrouse (Pterocles orientalis) – request for information from Central Asia
- Tessmann’s Flycatcher (Muscicapa tessmanni): List as Least Concern?
- Eared Quetzal (Euptilotis neoxenus): Downlist to Least Concern?
Tag Archives: Malayan Banded Pitta
Archived 2010-2011 topics: Newly-split Malayan Banded Pitta (Pitta irena), Bornean Banded Pitta (P. schwaneri) and Javan Banded Pitta (P. guajana): list all as Least Concern?
Banded Pitta Pitta guajana has been split into Malayan Banded Pitta P. irena, Bornean Banded Pitta P. schwaneri and Javan Banded Pitta P. guajana: it is proposed that P. irena, P. schwaneri and P. guajana all be listed as Least Concern on the basis that none of them meet the thresholds for Vulnerable under any of the IUCN criteria. Continue reading