- Africa (89)
- Americas (210)
- Archive (439)
- Asia (175)
- Australia (20)
- Europe & Central Asia (32)
- Illegal killing of birds (1)
- Middle East (21)
- Pacific (66)
- Species Group (137)
- Taxonomy (1)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Protected: Review of illegal killing and taking of birds in the Mediterranean
- Cory’s Shearwater (Calonectris diomedea) is being split: request for information on C. diomedea and C. borealis
- The taxonomic treatment of the Little Shearwater (Puffinus assimilis)/Audubon’s Shearwater (P. lherminieri) complex is being revised, and P. bryani is being recognised as a species: request for information
- Aleutian Tern (Sterna aleutica): uplist to Vulnerable or Endangered?
- Ogea Monarch (Mayrornis versicolor): downlist to Near Threatened or Least Concern?
Tag Archives: Long-tailed Sabrewing
Archived 2014 discussion: Wedge-tailed Sabrewing (Campylopterus curvipennis) and Long-tailed Sabrewing (C. excellens) are being lumped as C. curvipennis: list the newly defined species as Least Concern?
Wedge-tailed Sabrewing Campylopterus curvipennis and Long-tailed Sabrewing C. excellens are being lumped as C. curvipennis, following the application of criteria set out by Tobias et al. (2010). Continue reading