- Africa (148)
- Americas (272)
- Archive (525)
- Asia (221)
- Australia (29)
- Europe & Central Asia (67)
- Illegal killing of birds (1)
- Middle East (46)
- Pacific (80)
- Species Group (183)
- Taxonomy (31)
- Uncategorized (6)
Five most recent topics
- Red-headed Weaver (Anaplectes rubriceps) is being split: request for information for A. jubaensis.
- The newly described taxon Formicivora paludicola (Marsh Antwren) is to be recognised as a species by BirdLife: list as Critically Endangered?
- Long-tailed Antbird (Drymophila caudata) is being split: list D. striaticeps and D. klagesi as Least Concern? Request for information for D. caudata and D. hellmayri
- The newly described taxon Cyanocorax hafferi is to be recognised as a species by BirdLife: list as Near Threatened or Vulnerable?
- Blackish Cinclodes (Cinclodes antarcticus) is being split: request for information
- Threatened African rainforest teeming with unique life declared a National Park September 23, 2016It is one of the last strongholds of the Guinean Forest, a moist forest eco-region that once covered West Africa like a blanket from Guinea to Togo, but has shrunk by 70% over the last several centuries due to human activities in the region. It offers vital resources to the communities who live on the […]
- Fancy a mate? Only if shade grown September 23, 2016Organic yerba mate receives a healthy infusion from Darwin Initiative grants scheme. Guyra Paraguay (BirdLife in Paraguay) and its local partners awarded more than £300,000 to protect Paraguay’s Atlantic Forest through their shade grown yerba mate project. When you think about plantations, several images may spring to mind. Rows of uniform trees stretching as […]
- The best of both worlds: a joint statement from HeidelbergCement & BirdLife September 22, 2016If politics is, as they say, ‘the art of the possible’, then the HeidelbergCement-BirdLife partnership has very good news for the European Commission. All too often, environmental concerns are unwisely dismissed as secondary to – or, in some cases, incompatible with – economic activity. Yet, Eurobarometer polls show that European citizens expect progress in both […]
- Threatened African rainforest teeming with unique life declared a National Park September 23, 2016
Tag Archives: Lilac-crowned Amazon
This discussion was first published as part of the 2013 Red List update, but remains open for comment to enable reassessment in 2014. BirdLife species factsheet for Lilac-crowned Amazon Lilac-crowned Amazon Amazona finschi is restricted to the Pacific coast of Mexico (Forshaw … Continue reading