- Africa (114)
- Americas (218)
- Archive (525)
- Asia (200)
- Australia (29)
- Europe & Central Asia (67)
- Illegal killing of birds (1)
- Middle East (42)
- Pacific (70)
- Species Group (164)
- Taxonomy (2)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Global IUCN Red List for birds – 2015 changes
- The taxonomic treatment of the Little Shearwater (Puffinus assimilis)/Audubon’s Shearwater (P. lherminieri) complex is being revised, and P. bryani is being recognised as a species: request for information
- Black-bellied Sandgrouse (Pterocles orientalis) – request for information from Central Asia
- Tessmann’s Flycatcher (Muscicapa tessmanni): List as Least Concern?
- Eared Quetzal (Euptilotis neoxenus): Downlist to Least Concern?
Tag Archives: Lammergeier
Archived 2014 discussion: Lammergeier / Bearded Vulture* (Gypaetus barbatus): is it eligible for a higher threat category?
Data and observations regarding population trends and numbers throughout the species’s range are requested so that a comprehensive review of its global threat status can be carried out. In particular, information is needed from China and Mongolia, northern South Asia, Central Asia, the Middle East (especially Iran), south-eastern Europe (especially Turkey) and East Africa. Continue reading