- Africa (153)
- Americas (277)
- Archive (525)
- Asia (225)
- Australia (29)
- Europe & Central Asia (69)
- Illegal killing of birds (1)
- Middle East (46)
- Pacific (80)
- Species Group (183)
- Taxonomy (46)
- Uncategorized (6)
Five most recent topics
- Bar-bellied Cuckooshrike (Coracina striata) is being split: list C. dobsoni as Near Threatened?
- Eastern Double-collared Sunbird (Nectarinia mediocris) is being moved to genus Cinnyris and split: list C. usambaricus as Vulnerable or Near Threatened?
- Greater Double-collared Sunbird (Nectarinia afra) is changing its scientific name to Cinnyris afer and being split: request for information on C. prigoginei
- Papyrus Yellow Warbler (Chloropeta gracilirostris) is being moved to genus Calamonastides and split: list Calamonastides gracilirostris and C. bensoni as Vulnerable?
- Yellow-breasted Brush-finch (Atlapetes latinuchus) is being split: request for information on A. nigrifrons
- How simple striped sheets could save seabirds September 30, 2016Every year, 400,000 seabirds worldwide are estimated to meet their end as a result of becoming unintentionally caught in gillnets while diving for food. Gillnets are panels of near-invisible underwater netting used in rivers and oceans by fishermen the world over. They are so-called because fish get entangled by their gills as they struggle to […]
- Guinea begins a new era for conservation of migratory waterbirds September 30, 2016Guinea has now acquired tools and capacity to carry out conservation actions of migratory waterbirds. These tools include the availability of the National AEWA Work Plan, the Lesser Flamingo and the Black Crowned-crane Species Action Plan.
- Flight of Fancy - Common Pheasant September 30, 2016''Flight of Fancy'' features bird-inspired art from all over the world. The Common Phesant appeared in the June issue of the BirdLife The Magazine. Birds are a constant interwoven presence throughout human culture, not least for food, for warmth, as companions, and inspiration. From rock art depictions, through a roll-call of painters and sculptors, […]
- How simple striped sheets could save seabirds September 30, 2016
Tag Archives: Kofiau Paradise-kingfisher
Archived 2012-2013 topics: Kofiau Paradise-kingfisher (Tanysiptera ellioti): downlist to Vulnerable or Near Threatened?
BirdLife species factsheet for Kofiau Paradise-kingfisher Kofiau Paradise-kingfisher Tanysiptera ellioti is restricted to the island of Kofiau (144 km2) in the West Papuan islands of Indonesia. It is currently classified as Endangered under criterion C2a(ii), as it was thought to have … Continue reading