- Africa (160)
- Americas (285)
- Archive (525)
- Asia (228)
- Australia (31)
- Europe & Central Asia (69)
- Illegal killing of birds (1)
- Middle East (46)
- Pacific (84)
- Species Group (183)
- Taxonomy (68)
- Uncategorized (6)
Five most recent topics
- White-throated Greenbul (Phyllastrephus albigularis) is being split: list P. albigularis as Least Concern and P. viridiceps as Near Threatened?
- Streaked Fantail (Rhipidura verreauxi) is being split: list R. verreauxi, R. spilodera and R. layardi as Least Concern and R. rufilateralis as Near Threatened?
- White-winged Fantail (Rhipidura cockerelli) is being split: list R. cockerelli and R. coultasi as Near Threatened?
- The newly described taxon Stiphrornis pyrrholaemus is to be recognised as a species by BirdLife: request for information
- The taxon Tityra leucura is to be recognised as a species by BirdLife: list as Data Deficient?
- How simple striped sheets could save seabirds September 30, 2016Every year, 400,000 seabirds worldwide are estimated to meet their end as a result of becoming unintentionally caught in gillnets while diving for food. Gillnets are panels of near-invisible underwater netting used in rivers and oceans by fishermen the world over. They are so-called because fish get entangled by their gills as they struggle to […]
- Guinea begins a new era for conservation of migratory waterbirds September 30, 2016Guinea has now acquired tools and capacity to carry out conservation actions of migratory waterbirds. These tools include the availability of the National AEWA Work Plan, the Lesser Flamingo and the Black Crowned-crane Species Action Plan.
- Flight of Fancy - Common Pheasant September 30, 2016''Flight of Fancy'' features bird-inspired art from all over the world. The Common Phesant appeared in the June issue of the BirdLife The Magazine. Birds are a constant interwoven presence throughout human culture, not least for food, for warmth, as companions, and inspiration. From rock art depictions, through a roll-call of painters and sculptors, […]
- How simple striped sheets could save seabirds September 30, 2016
Tag Archives: Javan Frogmouth
Archived 2014 discussion: Javan Frogmouth (Batrachostomus javensis) and Blyth’s Frogmouth (B. affinis) are being lumped as B. javensis: list the newly defined species as Near Threatened?
Javan Frogmouth Batrachostomus javensis and Blyth’s Frogmouth B. affinis are being lumped as B. javensis, following the application of criteria set out by Tobias et al. (2010). Continue reading