- Africa (87)
- Americas (208)
- Archive (255)
- Asia (174)
- Australia (20)
- Europe & Central Asia (32)
- Middle East (21)
- Pacific (64)
- Species Group (134)
- Taxonomy (1)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Suggestions for new topics
- Xantus’s Murrelet (Synthliboramphus hypoleucus) is being split: list S. hypoleucus as Endangered and S. scrippsi as Vulnerable?
- The recently described taxon Capito fitzpatricki is being recognised as a species by BirdLife: list the species as Near Threatened?
- Ringed Woodpecker (Celeus torquatus) is being split: request for information on C. tinnunculus, and list C. torquatus as Near Threatened and C. occidentalis as Least Concern?
- Golden-bellied Starfrontlet (Coeligena bonapartei) is being split: request for information on C. consita
Tag Archives: Javan Banded Pitta
Archived 2010-2011 topics: Newly-split Malayan Banded Pitta (Pitta irena), Bornean Banded Pitta (P. schwaneri) and Javan Banded Pitta (P. guajana): list all as Least Concern?
Banded Pitta Pitta guajana has been split into Malayan Banded Pitta P. irena, Bornean Banded Pitta P. schwaneri and Javan Banded Pitta P. guajana: it is proposed that P. irena, P. schwaneri and P. guajana all be listed as Least Concern on the basis that none of them meet the thresholds for Vulnerable under any of the IUCN criteria. Continue reading