- Africa (87)
- Americas (186)
- Archive (255)
- Asia (169)
- Australia (20)
- Europe & Central Asia (32)
- Middle East (21)
- Pacific (61)
- Species Group (123)
- Taxonomy (1)
Five most recent topics
- Suggestions for new topics
- The taxonomic treatment of the Little Shearwater (Puffinus assimilis)/Audubon’s Shearwater (P. lherminieri) complex is being revised, and P. bryani is being recognised as a species: request for information
- Cory’s Shearwater (Calonectris diomedea) is being split: request for information on C. diomedea and C. borealis
- King Rail (Rallus elegans) is being split: request for information on R. elegans and R. tenuirostris.
- Sulawesi Scops-owl (Otus manadensis) is being split: list O. mendeni and O. sulaensis as Vulnerable?
Tag Archives: Helmeted Woodpecker
Helmeted Woodpecker Dryocopus galeatus is currently listed as Near Threatened under criteria A2c; A3c; A4c on the basis that a population decline equivalent to 30-49% over 10 years was suspected in the past and is projected in the future, owing to widespread deforestation. However, deforestation rates throughout the species’s range may have slowed and now perhaps average lower than 30% over 10 years (R. Clay in litt. 2007).