- Africa (113)
- Americas (217)
- Archive (438)
- Asia (199)
- Australia (28)
- Europe & Central Asia (66)
- Illegal killing of birds (1)
- Middle East (41)
- Pacific (69)
- Species Group (163)
- Taxonomy (1)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Red Knot (Calidris canutus): request for information
- Curlew Sandpiper (Calidris ferruginea): request for information
- Bar-tailed Godwit (Limosa lapponica): uplist to Vulnerable?
- Great Knot (Calidris tenuirostris): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered or Critically Endangered?
- Far Eastern Curlew (Numenius madagascariensis): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered or Critically Endangered?
Tag Archives: Halmahera Cuckooshrike
It is suggested that the species be uplisted to Near Threatened under criteria B1ab(ii,iii,v), on the basis that it has a small range, in which suitable habitat may be very fragmented by clearance for logging, agriculture and development, but is not considered severely fragmented under the IUCN definition, and the area and quality of suitable habitat is in continuing decline, with continuing declines in the species’s population inferred as a result. Continue reading