- Africa (83)
- Americas (177)
- Archive (179)
- Asia (160)
- Australia (14)
- Europe & Central Asia (28)
- Middle East (16)
- Pacific (51)
- Species Group (111)
- Taxonomy (1)
Five most recent topics
- Grey-tailed Tattler (Heteroscelus brevipes): uplist to Near Threatened?
- Rosy Bee-eater (Merops malimbicus): request for information
- Goldie’s Bird-of-paradise (Paradisea decora): uplist to Vulnerable?
- Wood Thrush (Hylocichla mustelina): uplist to Near Threatened?
- White-winged Flufftail (Sarothrura ayresi): uplist to Critically Endangered?
Tag Archives: Halmahera Cuckooshrike
It is suggested that the species be uplisted to Near Threatened under criteria B1ab(ii,iii,v), on the basis that it has a small range, in which suitable habitat may be very fragmented by clearance for logging, agriculture and development, but is not considered severely fragmented under the IUCN definition, and the area and quality of suitable habitat is in continuing decline, with continuing declines in the species’s population inferred as a result. Continue reading