- Africa (139)
- Americas (244)
- Archive (525)
- Asia (200)
- Australia (29)
- Europe & Central Asia (67)
- Illegal killing of birds (1)
- Middle East (43)
- Pacific (74)
- Species Group (172)
- Taxonomy (3)
- Uncategorized (4)
Five most recent topics
- Atlantic Royal Flycatcher (Onychorhynchus swainsoni): downlist from VU to NT?
- Lesser Nothura (Nothura minor): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered?
- Klages’s Antwren (Myrmotherula klagesi): uplist from NT to VU?
- White-collared Kite (Leptodon forbesi): downlist from Critically Endangered to Endangered?
- Three-toed Jacamar (Jacamaralcyon tridactyla): downlist from Vulnerable to Near Threatened?
- Efforts to enhance climate change resilience in the Lake Kivu and Rusizi River Basins August 18, 2016The transboundary Lake Kivu and Rusizi River basins between Rwanda, Burundi and the DRC are very important for biodiversity and for ecosystem services that they provide; they cover the whole or parts of at least 15 Key Biodiversity Areas (KBAs) of which 12 are terrestrial and three are freshwater KBAs, hosting at least 55 Red-Listed […]
- Protect a Little Paradise August 15, 2016Getting visitors to the beautiful Cook Islands to contribute to the protection of its environment is a new initiative launched in July by BirdLife Cook Islands Partner, Te Ipukarea Society. The staff and executive committee of the Society hosted the Mana Tiaki – ‘Protect a Little Paradise’ - official launch night at The Islander in […]
- Houbara Bustard nest discovered in Jordan August 15, 2016For the first time since its release between 2014-2016 under the Shaikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Houbara Reintroduction Project, a Houbara bustard nest has been spotted by field teams from the Royal Society for the Conservation of Nature in Jordan (RSCN). The initiative is managed by the International Fund for Houbara Conservation (IFHC).
- Efforts to enhance climate change resilience in the Lake Kivu and Rusizi River Basins August 18, 2016
Tag Archives: Grey-striped Francolin
Archived 2011-2012 topics: Grey-striped Francolin (Francolinus griseostriatus): downlist to Least Concern?
Remapping of the species’s range by BirdLife with reference to data published by Mills (2010) has resulted in a new estimate for the EOO of 85,100 km2, suggesting that it no longer qualifies as Near Threatened under criterion B1. Continue reading