- Africa (169)
- Americas (321)
- Archive (716)
- Asia (266)
- Australia (35)
- Europe & Central Asia (70)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (47)
- Pacific (103)
- Species Group (189)
- Taxonomy (158)
Five most recent topics
- Review of illegal killing of birds in Europe, the Arabian Peninsula, Iraq and Iran
- Shy Albatross (Thalassarche cauta): uplist from Near Threatened to Vulnerable?
- Amsterdam Albatross (Diomedea amsterdamensis): downlist from Critically Endangered to Endangered?
- Okarito Brown Kiwi (Apteryx rowi): Downlist to Vulnerable?
- Northern Brown Kiwi (Apteryx mantelli): downlist to Vulnerable?
- The miracle of the Iraqi marshlands March 28, 2017This article was first published in "The War Issue" of BirdLife The Magazine - sign up today to support our work. It might upset Brexiters, but the fact is that civilisation as we know it was probably born in Iraq. Yes, “the ape” came down from the trees in Africa, but it’s here, in the Garden […]
- Lessons from Little Barrier Island March 27, 2017*A version of this story first appeared in Forest & Bird magazine http://bit.ly/2h3SBAu. You can find out more about Forest & Bird, our New Zealand BirdLife Partner, at www.forestandbird.org.nz Alanna Matamaru-Smith, from our Cook Islands’ BirdLife Partner Te Ipukarea Society finds out more about seabird conservation during a recent visit to Little Barrier Island, off the northeastern coast of New […]
- Vultures need you March 24, 2017Let’s face it: vultures are special. Part of human culture, they are seen as disgusting by some, yet loved by others (including us and you). Asia’s vultures have suffered some of the fastest population declines ever recorded in a bird, and Africa’s recent severe declines mean that now most old-world vultures are on the edge […]
- The miracle of the Iraqi marshlands March 28, 2017
Tag Archives: Grey Parrot
BirdLife species factsheet for Grey Parrot: http://www.birdlife.org/datazone/species/factsheet/22724813 This species was formerly considered conspecific with P. timneh, but has been considered separate since 2012. The major threat to this species is from the pet trade (Martin et al. 2014). From 1982 … Continue reading
Archived 2011-2012 topics: Grey Parrot (Psittacus erithacus) has been split into Grey Parrot (P. erithacus) and Timneh Grey Parrot (P. timneh): are both eligible for uplisting?
Grey Parrot Psittacus erithacus has been split into Grey Parrot P. erithacus and Timneh Grey Parrot P. timneh. Up-to-date information is requested for these species, in particular the estimated rates of decline over a period of 47 years and the severity of threats. Continue reading