- Africa (167)
- Americas (320)
- Archive (716)
- Asia (265)
- Australia (35)
- Europe & Central Asia (70)
- Illegal killing of birds (1)
- Middle East (47)
- Pacific (103)
- Species Group (189)
- Taxonomy (158)
- Uncategorized (6)
Five most recent topics
- Yellow-breasted Pipit (Hemimacronyx chloris): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered?
- Okarito Brown Kiwi (Apteryx rowi): Downlist to Vulnerable?
- White-winged Cotinga (Xipholena atropurpurea): downlist from Endangered to Vulnerable?
- Atlantic Royal Flycatcher (Onychorhynchus swainsoni): downlist from Vulnerable to Near Threatened?
- The taxonomic treatment of the Little Shearwater (Puffinus assimilis)/Audubon’s Shearwater (P. lherminieri) complex is being revised, and P. bryani is being recognised as a species: request for information
- BirdLife Partnership stretches its wings to Bhutan December 9, 2016BirdLife International, the world's largest conservation Partnership, has taken a new Partner under its wing: the Royal Society for Protection of Nature (RSPN) in the fascinating and richly biodiverse nation of Bhutan. Known in the local language as Druk Yul (meaning ‘Land of the Thunder Dragon’), this diminutive country, nestled in the mountains which separate […]
- The silencing of the songbirds December 8, 2016This article was first published in The Red List Issue of BirdLife The Magazine. Subscribe now to support our work and receive the latest conservation breakthroughs. The 2016 Red List reveals that Indonesia’s love of songbirds is a tainted love; unsustainable trapping is driving many endemic species towards extinction. Pramuka market assaults the senses. Crushed into […]
- Grey Parrot fading from Africa's rainforests December 8, 2016This article was first published in The Red List Issue of BirdLife The Magazine. Subscribe now to support our work and receive the latest conservation breakthroughs. When a team of researchers travelled around Ghana to conduct a Grey Parrot Psittacus erithacus census, they encountered a very pronounced generation gap. “The older people we surveyed remember the […]
- BirdLife Partnership stretches its wings to Bhutan December 9, 2016
Tag Archives: Grey-headed Greenbul
Archived 2012-2013 topics: Grey-headed Greenbul (Phyllastrephus poliocephalus): downlist to Least Concern?
BirdLife species factsheet for Grey-headed Greenbul Grey-headed Greenbul Phyllastrephus poliocephalus is restricted to the montane forests of eastern Nigeria and western Cameroon, where it was discovered on the southern slopes of Mt Manenguba in the 1990s (Dowsett-Lemaire and Dowsett 1999), but is … Continue reading