- Africa (113)
- Americas (217)
- Archive (438)
- Asia (198)
- Australia (28)
- Europe & Central Asia (66)
- Illegal killing of birds (1)
- Middle East (41)
- Pacific (69)
- Species Group (163)
- Taxonomy (1)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Red Knot (Calidris canutus): request for information
- Curlew Sandpiper (Calidris ferruginea): request for information
- Bar-tailed Godwit (Limosa lapponica): uplist to Vulnerable?
- Great Knot (Calidris tenuirostris): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered or Critically Endangered?
- Far Eastern Curlew (Numenius madagascariensis): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered or Critically Endangered?
Tag Archives: Grey-backed Tachuri
Archived 2010-2011 topics: Grey-backed Tachuri (Polystictus superciliaris): downlist to Least Concern?
Grey-backed Tachuri Polystictus superciliaris is listed as Near Threatened under criterion B1a+b(i,ii,iii,v) on the basis that it was thought to have a small and decreasing range within which it occurred at only a few locations. The species is still suspected to be in decline owing to habitat degradation; however, the updated range map suggests that its Extent of Occurrence is much larger than previously thought. Continue reading