- Africa (114)
- Americas (218)
- Archive (525)
- Asia (200)
- Australia (29)
- Europe & Central Asia (67)
- Illegal killing of birds (1)
- Middle East (42)
- Pacific (70)
- Species Group (164)
- Taxonomy (2)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Global IUCN Red List for birds – 2015 changes
- The taxonomic treatment of the Little Shearwater (Puffinus assimilis)/Audubon’s Shearwater (P. lherminieri) complex is being revised, and P. bryani is being recognised as a species: request for information
- Black-bellied Sandgrouse (Pterocles orientalis) – request for information from Central Asia
- Tessmann’s Flycatcher (Muscicapa tessmanni): List as Least Concern?
- Eared Quetzal (Euptilotis neoxenus): Downlist to Least Concern?
Tag Archives: Grey-backed Tachuri
Archived 2010-2011 topics: Grey-backed Tachuri (Polystictus superciliaris): downlist to Least Concern?
Grey-backed Tachuri Polystictus superciliaris is listed as Near Threatened under criterion B1a+b(i,ii,iii,v) on the basis that it was thought to have a small and decreasing range within which it occurred at only a few locations. The species is still suspected to be in decline owing to habitat degradation; however, the updated range map suggests that its Extent of Occurrence is much larger than previously thought. Continue reading