- Africa (89)
- Americas (210)
- Archive (438)
- Asia (175)
- Australia (20)
- Europe & Central Asia (32)
- Illegal killing of birds (1)
- Middle East (21)
- Pacific (66)
- Species Group (137)
- Taxonomy (1)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Review of illegal killing and taking of birds in the Mediterranean
- Cory’s Shearwater (Calonectris diomedea) is being split: request for information on C. diomedea and C. borealis
- The taxonomic treatment of the Little Shearwater (Puffinus assimilis)/Audubon’s Shearwater (P. lherminieri) complex is being revised, and P. bryani is being recognised as a species: request for information
- Aleutian Tern (Onychoprion aleuticus, formerly Sterna aleutica): uplist to Vulnerable or Endangered?
- Ogea Monarch (Mayrornis versicolor): downlist to Near Threatened or Least Concern?
Tag Archives: Grey-backed Tachuri
Archived 2010-2011 topics: Grey-backed Tachuri (Polystictus superciliaris): downlist to Least Concern?
Grey-backed Tachuri Polystictus superciliaris is listed as Near Threatened under criterion B1a+b(i,ii,iii,v) on the basis that it was thought to have a small and decreasing range within which it occurred at only a few locations. The species is still suspected to be in decline owing to habitat degradation; however, the updated range map suggests that its Extent of Occurrence is much larger than previously thought. Continue reading