- Africa (113)
- Americas (217)
- Archive (438)
- Asia (199)
- Australia (28)
- Europe & Central Asia (66)
- Illegal killing of birds (1)
- Middle East (41)
- Pacific (69)
- Species Group (163)
- Taxonomy (1)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Red Knot (Calidris canutus): request for information
- Curlew Sandpiper (Calidris ferruginea): request for information
- Bar-tailed Godwit (Limosa lapponica): uplist to Vulnerable?
- Great Knot (Calidris tenuirostris): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered or Critically Endangered?
- Far Eastern Curlew (Numenius madagascariensis): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered or Critically Endangered?
Tag Archives: Greater Spotted Eagle
Greater Spotted Eagle Aquila clanga is currently listed as Vulnerable on the IUCN Red List. No comprehensive assessment of the species’s population size globally or population trends in different parts of its range exists; however, given the species’s massive global range it is highly plausible that its population exceeds 10,000 mature individuals (the threshold for listing as VU under criterion C) and may warrant downlisting. Information about the species’s population size and declines are requested to improve our assessment of its global status. Continue reading