- Africa (87)
- Americas (209)
- Archive (255)
- Asia (174)
- Australia (20)
- Europe & Central Asia (32)
- Middle East (21)
- Pacific (64)
- Species Group (134)
- Taxonomy (1)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Suggestions for new topics
- Crescent-chested Puffbird (Malacoptila striata) is being split: list M. minor as Critically Endangered and M. striata as Near Threatened?
- Xantus’s Murrelet (Synthliboramphus hypoleucus) is being split: list S. hypoleucus as Endangered and S. scrippsi as Vulnerable?
- The recently described taxon Capito fitzpatricki is being recognised as a species by BirdLife: list the species as Near Threatened?
- Ringed Woodpecker (Celeus torquatus) is being split: request for information on C. tinnunculus, and list C. torquatus as Near Threatened and C. occidentalis as Least Concern?
Tag Archives: Greater Flameback
Greater Flameback (Chrysocolaptes lucidus) is being split: list C. strictus as Vulnerable and C. xanthocephalus as Near Threatened?
Greater Flameback Chrysocolaptes lucidus is being split into C. lucidus, C. guttacristatus, C. stricklandi, C. strictus, C. haematribon, C. erythrocephalus and C. xanthocephalus, following the application by Collar (2011) of criteria set out by Tobias et al. (2010). Continue reading