- Africa (113)
- Americas (217)
- Archive (438)
- Asia (199)
- Australia (28)
- Europe & Central Asia (66)
- Illegal killing of birds (1)
- Middle East (41)
- Pacific (69)
- Species Group (163)
- Taxonomy (1)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Red Knot (Calidris canutus): request for information
- Curlew Sandpiper (Calidris ferruginea): request for information
- Bar-tailed Godwit (Limosa lapponica): uplist to Vulnerable?
- Great Knot (Calidris tenuirostris): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered or Critically Endangered?
- Far Eastern Curlew (Numenius madagascariensis): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered or Critically Endangered?
Tag Archives: Greater Flameback
Archived 2014 discussion: Greater Flameback (Chrysocolaptes lucidus) is being split: list C. strictus as Vulnerable and C. xanthocephalus as Near Threatened?
Greater Flameback Chrysocolaptes lucidus is being split into C. lucidus, C. guttacristatus, C. stricklandi, C. strictus, C. haematribon, C. erythrocephalus and C. xanthocephalus, following the application by Collar (2011) of criteria set out by Tobias et al. (2010). Continue reading