- Africa (89)
- Americas (210)
- Archive (438)
- Asia (175)
- Australia (20)
- Europe & Central Asia (32)
- Illegal killing of birds (1)
- Middle East (21)
- Pacific (66)
- Species Group (137)
- Taxonomy (1)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Review of illegal killing and taking of birds in the Mediterranean
- Cory’s Shearwater (Calonectris diomedea) is being split: request for information on C. diomedea and C. borealis
- The taxonomic treatment of the Little Shearwater (Puffinus assimilis)/Audubon’s Shearwater (P. lherminieri) complex is being revised, and P. bryani is being recognised as a species: request for information
- Aleutian Tern (Onychoprion aleuticus, formerly Sterna aleutica): uplist to Vulnerable or Endangered?
- Ogea Monarch (Mayrornis versicolor): downlist to Near Threatened or Least Concern?
Tag Archives: Great Thick-knee
Archived 2012-2013 topics: Great Thick-knee (Esacus recurvirostris): uplist to Near Threatened or Vulnerable?
BirdLife species factsheet for Great Thick-knee Great Thick-knee Esacus recurvirostris is located from SE Iran through the Indian Subcontinent and Sri Lanka to Indochina and Hainan (S China). It is currently listed as being of Least Concern, on the basis … Continue reading