- Africa (87)
- Americas (209)
- Archive (255)
- Asia (174)
- Australia (20)
- Europe & Central Asia (32)
- Middle East (21)
- Pacific (65)
- Species Group (134)
- Taxonomy (1)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Tahiti Kingfisher (Todiramphus veneratus) is being split: list T. youngi as Near Threatened and T. veneratus as Least Concern?
- Suggestions for new topics
- Crescent-chested Puffbird (Malacoptila striata) is being split: list M. minor as Critically Endangered and M. striata as Near Threatened?
- Xantus’s Murrelet (Synthliboramphus hypoleucus) is being split: list S. hypoleucus as Endangered and S. scrippsi as Vulnerable?
- The recently described taxon Capito fitzpatricki is being recognised as a species by BirdLife: list the species as Near Threatened?
Tag Archives: Great-billed Seed-finch
Archived 2012-2013 topics: Great-billed Seed-finch (Oryzoborus maximiliani): request for information
Great-billed Seed-finch Oryzoborus maximiliani is listed as Near Threatened under criteria A2c,d; A3c,d; A4c,d on the basis that it is suspected to be undergoing a slow to moderately rapid population decline, estimated at 1-19% over 10 years. Up-to-date information is requested, in particular the likely total population size, the current population trend over 11 years (estimate of three generations) and the severity of threats. Continue reading