- Africa (169)
- Americas (321)
- Archive (716)
- Asia (266)
- Australia (35)
- Europe & Central Asia (70)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (47)
- Pacific (103)
- Species Group (189)
- Taxonomy (158)
Five most recent topics
- Review of illegal killing of birds in Europe, the Arabian Peninsula, Iraq and Iran
- Shy Albatross (Thalassarche cauta): uplist from Near Threatened to Vulnerable?
- Amsterdam Albatross (Diomedea amsterdamensis): downlist from Critically Endangered to Endangered?
- Okarito Brown Kiwi (Apteryx rowi): Downlist to Vulnerable?
- Northern Brown Kiwi (Apteryx mantelli): downlist to Vulnerable?
- Monitoring biodiversity using drone technology May 26, 2017Two women, suddenly aware of a buzzing sound airborne, frantically look up to the sky. They jump from their seat, trying to dodge this invading gadget. The invader is a 'drone', currently being used for wetland monitoring and is harmless after all.
- The Bird Bulletin, Vol.9 May 26, 2017Welcome to the latest edition of ‘The Bird Bulletin’ – our weekly news brief. Every Friday morning, we bring you bite-sized updates from across Europe & Central Asia – kick start your weekend with “what a little bird told me!” OUT FOR THE COUNT – Volunteers from our partners ACBK (Kazakhstan) and RSPB (UK) […]
- Le vautour fauve M13 fait le buzz au Maroc: Etes-vous superstitieux? May 24, 2017Tout a commencé en début d’année 2017 lorsque les agents du Haut-Commissariat aux Eaux et Forêts et la lutte contre la Désertification découvrent cinq vautours fauves épuisés (2 adultes, 1 sub-adulte et 2 immatures) dans la Région de Jbel Moussa. Cette zone, au sud du détroit de Gibraltar est située sur le trajet des oiseaux […]
- Monitoring biodiversity using drone technology May 26, 2017
Tag Archives: Great-billed Seed-finch
This discussion was first published as part of the 2016 Red List update. At the time a decision regarding its status was pended, but to enable potential reassessment of this species as part of the 2017 Red List update this … Continue reading
Archived 2012-2013 topics: Great-billed Seed-finch (Oryzoborus maximiliani): request for information
Great-billed Seed-finch Oryzoborus maximiliani is listed as Near Threatened under criteria A2c,d; A3c,d; A4c,d on the basis that it is suspected to be undergoing a slow to moderately rapid population decline, estimated at 1-19% over 10 years. Up-to-date information is requested, in particular the likely total population size, the current population trend over 11 years (estimate of three generations) and the severity of threats. Continue reading