- Africa (113)
- Americas (217)
- Archive (438)
- Asia (199)
- Australia (28)
- Europe & Central Asia (66)
- Illegal killing of birds (1)
- Middle East (41)
- Pacific (69)
- Species Group (163)
- Taxonomy (1)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Red Knot (Calidris canutus): request for information
- Curlew Sandpiper (Calidris ferruginea): request for information
- Bar-tailed Godwit (Limosa lapponica): uplist to Vulnerable?
- Great Knot (Calidris tenuirostris): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered or Critically Endangered?
- Far Eastern Curlew (Numenius madagascariensis): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered or Critically Endangered?
Tag Archives: Golden-crowned Manakin
Golden-crowned Manakin Lepidothrix vilasboasi is known only from the state of Pará, Brazil, where it is currently known from fewer than five localities, and has an estimated Extent of Occurrence of 160 km2. The Novo Progresso area is currently experiencing one of the highest rates of deforestation in the Amazon. It would therefore appear to qualify as Endangered under criterion B1a+b. Comments on this proposed reclassification are welcomed. Continue reading