- Africa (113)
- Americas (217)
- Archive (438)
- Asia (199)
- Australia (28)
- Europe & Central Asia (66)
- Illegal killing of birds (1)
- Middle East (41)
- Pacific (69)
- Species Group (163)
- Taxonomy (1)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Red Knot (Calidris canutus): request for information
- Curlew Sandpiper (Calidris ferruginea): request for information
- Bar-tailed Godwit (Limosa lapponica): uplist to Vulnerable?
- Great Knot (Calidris tenuirostris): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered or Critically Endangered?
- Far Eastern Curlew (Numenius madagascariensis): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered or Critically Endangered?
Tag Archives: Golden-capped Parakeet
Golden-capped Parakeet Aratinga auricapillus is listed as Near Threatened under criteria C1; C2, on the basis that its population is estimated to number at least 10,000 mature individuals and is suspected to be in decline owing to continued habitat destruction. Recently, concerns have been raised that this species may have been incorrectly downlisted from Vulnerable in 2004 (J. Gilardi in litt. 2010). In reaction to these comments a request is made for up-to-date information. Continue reading