- Africa (113)
- Americas (217)
- Archive (438)
- Asia (199)
- Australia (28)
- Europe & Central Asia (66)
- Illegal killing of birds (1)
- Middle East (41)
- Pacific (69)
- Species Group (163)
- Taxonomy (1)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Red Knot (Calidris canutus): request for information
- Curlew Sandpiper (Calidris ferruginea): request for information
- Bar-tailed Godwit (Limosa lapponica): uplist to Vulnerable?
- Great Knot (Calidris tenuirostris): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered or Critically Endangered?
- Far Eastern Curlew (Numenius madagascariensis): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered or Critically Endangered?
Tag Archives: Glow-throated Hummingbird
Glow-throated Hummingbird Selasphorus ardens is currently listed as Vulnerable on the IUCN Red List , however recent information suggests that deforestation for subsistence agriculture is severely affecting the core of the species’s range and the species may now warrant uplisting to Endangered. Comments on this proposed uplisting are welcomed. Continue reading