- Africa (89)
- Americas (210)
- Archive (439)
- Asia (175)
- Australia (20)
- Europe & Central Asia (32)
- Middle East (21)
- Pacific (66)
- Species Group (137)
- Taxonomy (1)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Cory’s Shearwater (Calonectris diomedea) is being split: request for information on C. diomedea and C. borealis
- The taxonomic treatment of the Little Shearwater (Puffinus assimilis)/Audubon’s Shearwater (P. lherminieri) complex is being revised, and P. bryani is being recognised as a species: request for information
- Aleutian Tern (Sterna aleutica): uplist to Vulnerable or Endangered?
- Ogea Monarch (Mayrornis versicolor): downlist to Near Threatened or Least Concern?
- West Indian Whistling-duck (Dendrocygna arborea): request for information
Tag Archives: Foothill Elaenia
Archived 2010-2011 topics: Foothill Elaenia (Myiopagis olallai): is there sufficient information to reassess this species?
Foothill Elaenia Myiopagis olallai is currently listed as Near-Threatened. The species, however, has a very restricted range and is apparently known from just four locations. It would therefore qualify as Endangered under the same criterion if there is evidence that the species is in decline. Comments on the range of this species, likely population trends and the number of locations from where it has been recorded are needed in order to update this assessment. Continue reading