- Africa (167)
- Americas (320)
- Archive (716)
- Asia (265)
- Australia (35)
- Europe & Central Asia (70)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (47)
- Pacific (103)
- Species Group (189)
- Taxonomy (158)
- Uncategorized (6)
Five most recent topics
- Review of illegal killing of birds in Europe, the Arabian Peninsula, Iraq and Iran
- Yellow-breasted Pipit (Hemimacronyx chloris): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered?
- Okarito Brown Kiwi (Apteryx rowi): Downlist to Vulnerable?
- White-winged Cotinga (Xipholena atropurpurea): downlist from Endangered to Vulnerable?
- Atlantic Royal Flycatcher (Onychorhynchus swainsoni): downlist from Vulnerable to Near Threatened?
- The Montserrat Oriole is no longer Critically Endangered January 20, 2017This article was first published in the December issue of BirdLife The Magazine. Subscribe via iTunes/Android to easily support our conservation work. With two thirds of its suitable forest habitat completely destroyed, the population of Montserrat Oriole Icterus oberi dramatically declined after a series of volcanic eruptions during the late 1990s, and suffered from the impact of invasive […]
- Berlin - Painting the town green! January 20, 2017On the eve of the annual ‘Wir habe es satt!!’ (‘We are fed up!’) march during Berlin’s International Green Week – when tens of thousands march for a new approach to farming – our Agriculture Policy Officer Thomas Quinn explains why, this year, it is more important than ever to tell the European Commission that […]
- Major oil spill in Turkey; emergency teams deployed [PHOTOS] January 19, 2017A major oil spill is affecting coastal areas in western Turkey. Doğa Derneği (Birdlife Turkey) has deployed an emergency team of volunteers to help oiled wildlife. In the clear waters of Izmit Bay in western Turkey, a major oil spill is putting human health and marine biodiversity at risk. The spill occurred last Friday near […]
- The Montserrat Oriole is no longer Critically Endangered January 20, 2017
Tag Archives: Foothill Elaenia
Archived 2010-2011 topics: Foothill Elaenia (Myiopagis olallai): is there sufficient information to reassess this species?
Foothill Elaenia Myiopagis olallai is currently listed as Near-Threatened. The species, however, has a very restricted range and is apparently known from just four locations. It would therefore qualify as Endangered under the same criterion if there is evidence that the species is in decline. Comments on the range of this species, likely population trends and the number of locations from where it has been recorded are needed in order to update this assessment. Continue reading