- Africa (89)
- Americas (210)
- Archive (438)
- Asia (175)
- Australia (20)
- Europe & Central Asia (32)
- Illegal killing of birds (1)
- Middle East (21)
- Pacific (66)
- Species Group (137)
- Taxonomy (1)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Review of illegal killing and taking of birds in the Mediterranean
- Cory’s Shearwater (Calonectris diomedea) is being split: request for information on C. diomedea and C. borealis
- The taxonomic treatment of the Little Shearwater (Puffinus assimilis)/Audubon’s Shearwater (P. lherminieri) complex is being revised, and P. bryani is being recognised as a species: request for information
- Aleutian Tern (Onychoprion aleuticus, formerly Sterna aleutica): uplist to Vulnerable or Endangered?
- Ogea Monarch (Mayrornis versicolor): downlist to Near Threatened or Least Concern?
Tag Archives: Fea’s Petrel
Archived 2014 discussion: Fea’s Petrel (Pterodroma feae) is being split: list P. deserta as Vulnerable and P. feae as Near Threatened?
Fea’s Petrel Pterodroma feae is being split into P. feae and P. deserta, following published studies (e.g. Robb et al. 2008, Jesus et al. 2009), in particular highlighting differences between these taxa in breeding seasonality and vocalisations. Continue reading