- Africa (113)
- Americas (217)
- Archive (438)
- Asia (199)
- Australia (28)
- Europe & Central Asia (66)
- Illegal killing of birds (1)
- Middle East (41)
- Pacific (69)
- Species Group (163)
- Taxonomy (1)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Red Knot (Calidris canutus): request for information
- Curlew Sandpiper (Calidris ferruginea): request for information
- Bar-tailed Godwit (Limosa lapponica): uplist to Vulnerable?
- Great Knot (Calidris tenuirostris): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered or Critically Endangered?
- Far Eastern Curlew (Numenius madagascariensis): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered or Critically Endangered?
Tag Archives: Faichuk White-eye
This species’s range and habitat are thought to be in decline on the basis of past deforestation on many islands in Chuuk Lagoon. However, recent observations from Tol South suggest that little in the way of logging is now taking place there and that only subsistence-level timber extraction is occurring, owing to the topography of the island and areas of difficult terrain (C. Collins in litt. 2011). Continue reading