- Africa (188)
- Americas (341)
- Archive (716)
- Asia (300)
- Australia (40)
- Europe & Central Asia (86)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (56)
- Pacific (134)
- Species Group (212)
- Taxonomy (160)
Five most recent topics
- Yellow-breasted Bunting (Emberiza aureola): urgent request for information.
- Re-assessment of Species against Criterion B1: Red List Implications of the use of Minimum Convex Polygons
- Species to be potentially uplisted after a reassessment of species against criterion B2, following Tracewski et al. (2016)
- Proposed Status Changes of Forest-dependent Species
- Snowy Owl (Bubo scandiacus): uplist from Least Concern to Vulnerable?
- Big Brother is BIRD-Watching YOU! June 24, 2017Nature is but a click away with these amazing live bird cams run by BirdLife’s partners across Europe & Central Asia. Storks, eagles, kestrels - you name it! Our Head of Conservation, Iván Ramírez tells us more… Young birders in the making
- Nature Kenya’s Serah Munguti recognised for Tusk Conservation Award June 23, 2017After several years on the frontline working with communities and campaigning for the conservation of Kenya’s biodiverse Tana River Delta, Serah Munguti, Advocacy Manager of BirdLife International’s Partner in Kenya was shortlisted as finalist for the fifth annual Tusk Award. Serah who works for Nature Kenya has reached out to local communities and engaged with […]
- The Bird Bulletin - Vol. 12 June 23, 2017Welcome to the latest edition of ‘The Bird Bulletin’ – our weekly news brief. Every Friday morning, we bring you bite-sized updates from across Europe & Central Asia – kick start your weekend with “what a little bird told me!” ALIEN COVENANT – On Monday, EU Member States approved the inclusion of 12 new […]
- Big Brother is BIRD-Watching YOU! June 24, 2017
Tag Archives: Espírito Santo
Archived 2016 topics: Brown-backed Parrotlet (Touit melanonotus): downlist from Endangered to Vulnerable?
BirdLife species factsheet for Brown-backed Parrotlet Brown-backed Parrotlet is endemic to the states of Bahia, Espírito Santo, Rio de Janeiro, São Paulo and Paraná in south-east Brazil. The species is listed as Endangered under C2a(i). The population is estimated at … Continue reading
Archived 2016 topics: Buff-throated Purpletuft (Iodopleura pipra): uplist from Near Threatened to Endangered?
BirdLife species factsheet for Buff-throated Purpletuft Buff-throated Purpletuft is found in north-east and south-east Brazil, in Paraíba, Pernambuco, Alagoas (A. Whittaker in litt. 1999), Bahia, Espírito Santo (E. O. Willis and Y. Oniki in litt. 1999), Rio de Janeiro and … Continue reading