- Africa (169)
- Americas (321)
- Archive (716)
- Asia (266)
- Australia (35)
- Europe & Central Asia (70)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (47)
- Pacific (103)
- Species Group (189)
- Taxonomy (158)
Five most recent topics
- Review of illegal killing of birds in Europe, the Arabian Peninsula, Iraq and Iran
- Shy Albatross (Thalassarche cauta): uplist from Near Threatened to Vulnerable?
- Amsterdam Albatross (Diomedea amsterdamensis): downlist from Critically Endangered to Endangered?
- Okarito Brown Kiwi (Apteryx rowi): Downlist to Vulnerable?
- Northern Brown Kiwi (Apteryx mantelli): downlist to Vulnerable?
- 45% of Arctic shorebirds are disappearing - here's the plan to save them April 21, 2017Across the globe, 45% of Arctic-nesting shorebirds are decreasing. The new Pacific Americas Shorebird Conservation Strategy aims to identify the threats and develop strategies to save them. Shorebirds—plovers, oystercatchers, sandpipers, godwits, curlews—can be found along the entirety of the Pacific coast of the Western Hemisphere during some time of the year. Many species travel from Arctic breeding […]
- Biodiversity hit by depletion in West Africa hotspot April 21, 2017Intensified pressure on natural resources by human beings is having a damaging effect on biodiversity in the Guinean Forests of West Africa hotspot, and could lead to a loss of countless ecosystem services to humanity and biodiversity in the region, stakeholders have warned. During a series of stakeholder engagement meetings organised by BirdLife, the Critical […]
- The Bird Bulletin - Vol. 4 April 21, 2017Welcome to the latest edition of ‘The Bird Bulletin’ – our new weekly news brief. Every Friday morning, we’ll bring you bite-sized updates from across Europe & Central Asia - now you can kick start every weekend with ‘what a little bird told me!’ ONE WEEK to save farmland birds! The European Commission’s Public […]
- 45% of Arctic shorebirds are disappearing - here's the plan to save them April 21, 2017
Tag Archives: Espírito Santo
Archived 2016 topics: Brown-backed Parrotlet (Touit melanonotus): downlist from Endangered to Vulnerable?
BirdLife species factsheet for Brown-backed Parrotlet Brown-backed Parrotlet is endemic to the states of Bahia, Espírito Santo, Rio de Janeiro, São Paulo and Paraná in south-east Brazil. The species is listed as Endangered under C2a(i). The population is estimated at … Continue reading
Archived 2016 topics: Buff-throated Purpletuft (Iodopleura pipra): uplist from Near Threatened to Endangered?
BirdLife species factsheet for Buff-throated Purpletuft Buff-throated Purpletuft is found in north-east and south-east Brazil, in Paraíba, Pernambuco, Alagoas (A. Whittaker in litt. 1999), Bahia, Espírito Santo (E. O. Willis and Y. Oniki in litt. 1999), Rio de Janeiro and … Continue reading