- Africa (89)
- Americas (210)
- Archive (439)
- Asia (175)
- Australia (20)
- Europe & Central Asia (32)
- Middle East (21)
- Pacific (66)
- Species Group (137)
- Taxonomy (1)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Cory’s Shearwater (Calonectris diomedea) is being split: request for information on C. diomedea and C. borealis
- The taxonomic treatment of the Little Shearwater (Puffinus assimilis)/Audubon’s Shearwater (P. lherminieri) complex is being revised, and P. bryani is being recognised as a species: request for information
- Aleutian Tern (Sterna aleutica): uplist to Vulnerable or Endangered?
- Ogea Monarch (Mayrornis versicolor): downlist to Near Threatened or Least Concern?
- West Indian Whistling-duck (Dendrocygna arborea): request for information
Tag Archives: Edwards’s Pheasant
Archived 2014 discussion: Edwards’s Pheasant (Lophura edwardsi) and Vietnamese Pheasant (L. hatinhensis) are considered to be the same species and are treated as L. edwardsi: list as Critically Endangered?
Edwards’s Pheasant Lophura edwardsi and Vietnamese Pheasant L. hatinhensis are now considered the same species, as evidence implies that L hatinhensis is an inbred morph of L. edwardsi (Hennache et al. 2012). Continue reading
Edwards’s Pheasant, Lophura edwardsi, is endemic to the lowland forests of central Vietnam and is currently listed as Endangered; comments are sought on the species, in particular whether its total population size is likely to now number fewer than 250 mature individuals, in order to determine whether it may warrant uplisting to Critically Endangered. Continue reading