- Africa (87)
- Americas (186)
- Archive (255)
- Asia (169)
- Australia (20)
- Europe & Central Asia (32)
- Middle East (21)
- Pacific (61)
- Species Group (123)
- Taxonomy (1)
Five most recent topics
- Suggestions for new topics
- The taxonomic treatment of the Little Shearwater (Puffinus assimilis)/Audubon’s Shearwater (P. lherminieri) complex is being revised, and P. bryani is being recognised as a species: request for information
- Cory’s Shearwater (Calonectris diomedea) is being split: request for information on C. diomedea and C. borealis
- King Rail (Rallus elegans) is being split: request for information on R. elegans and R. tenuirostris.
- Sulawesi Scops-owl (Otus manadensis) is being split: list O. mendeni and O. sulaensis as Vulnerable?
Tag Archives: Dull-mantled Antbird
Archived 2011-2012 topics: Dull-mantled Antbird (Myrmeciza laemosticta) and Magdalena Antbird (M. palliata): newly split and threatened?
Dull-mantled Antbird Myrmeciza laemosticta and Magdalena Antbird M. palliata have been split following a study into these taxa’s vocalisations and genetic divergence (Chaves et al. 2010), and a further discussion in reaction to the resulting SACC proposal, which has now been approved. The likely rates of population decline are not known for these species, thus further information is requested on the severity of threats, in particular the rate and extent of habitat loss. Continue reading