- Africa (89)
- Americas (210)
- Archive (255)
- Asia (174)
- Australia (20)
- Europe & Central Asia (32)
- Middle East (21)
- Pacific (66)
- Species Group (136)
- Taxonomy (1)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Suggestions for new topics
- Black Parrot (Coracopsis nigra) is being split: request for information on C. sibilans, and list C. barklyi as Vulnerable?
- Additional changes to species listed as Extinct: six [edited from five] Extinct species are being re-categorised as Not Recognised and 12 taxa [edited from 11] are being newly recognised as Extinct species
- Tahiti Kingfisher (Todiramphus veneratus) is being split: list T. youngi as Near Threatened and T. veneratus as Least Concern?
- Crescent-chested Puffbird (Malacoptila striata) is being split: list M. minor as Critically Endangered and M. striata as Near Threatened?
Tag Archives: Dull-mantled Antbird
Archived 2011-2012 topics: Dull-mantled Antbird (Myrmeciza laemosticta) and Magdalena Antbird (M. palliata): newly split and threatened?
Dull-mantled Antbird Myrmeciza laemosticta and Magdalena Antbird M. palliata have been split following a study into these taxa’s vocalisations and genetic divergence (Chaves et al. 2010), and a further discussion in reaction to the resulting SACC proposal, which has now been approved. The likely rates of population decline are not known for these species, thus further information is requested on the severity of threats, in particular the rate and extent of habitat loss. Continue reading