- Africa (114)
- Americas (218)
- Archive (525)
- Asia (200)
- Australia (29)
- Europe & Central Asia (67)
- Illegal killing of birds (1)
- Middle East (42)
- Pacific (70)
- Species Group (164)
- Taxonomy (2)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Global IUCN Red List for birds – 2015 changes
- The taxonomic treatment of the Little Shearwater (Puffinus assimilis)/Audubon’s Shearwater (P. lherminieri) complex is being revised, and P. bryani is being recognised as a species: request for information
- Black-bellied Sandgrouse (Pterocles orientalis) – request for information from Central Asia
- Tessmann’s Flycatcher (Muscicapa tessmanni): List as Least Concern?
- Eared Quetzal (Euptilotis neoxenus): Downlist to Least Concern?
Tag Archives: Dull-mantled Antbird
Archived 2011-2012 topics: Dull-mantled Antbird (Myrmeciza laemosticta) and Magdalena Antbird (M. palliata): newly split and threatened?
Dull-mantled Antbird Myrmeciza laemosticta and Magdalena Antbird M. palliata have been split following a study into these taxa’s vocalisations and genetic divergence (Chaves et al. 2010), and a further discussion in reaction to the resulting SACC proposal, which has now been approved. The likely rates of population decline are not known for these species, thus further information is requested on the severity of threats, in particular the rate and extent of habitat loss. Continue reading