- Africa (89)
- Americas (210)
- Archive (439)
- Asia (175)
- Australia (20)
- Europe & Central Asia (32)
- Middle East (21)
- Pacific (66)
- Species Group (136)
- Taxonomy (1)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Cory’s Shearwater (Calonectris diomedea) is being split: request for information on C. diomedea and C. borealis
- The taxonomic treatment of the Little Shearwater (Puffinus assimilis)/Audubon’s Shearwater (P. lherminieri) complex is being revised, and P. bryani is being recognised as a species: request for information
- Aleutian Tern (Sterna aleutica): uplist to Vulnerable or Endangered?
- Ogea Monarch (Mayrornis versicolor): downlist to Near Threatened or Least Concern?
- West Indian Whistling-duck (Dendrocygna arborea): request for information
Tag Archives: Diamantina Tapaculo
Archived 2010-2011 topics: Diamantina Tapaculo (Scytalopus diamantinensis): newly described and threatened?
Diamantina Tapaculo Scytalopus diamantinensis has been described from the Chapada Diamantina, Bahia State, Brazil (Bornschein et al. 2007) and is now recognised by BirdLife in line with SACC (2008). Because it is currently known from just four locations within a small range, Bornschein et al. (2007) recommend that it be classified as Vulnerable. Comments on the species’s likely true distribution, and threats to its habitat are welcomed to inform this assessment. Continue reading