- Africa (167)
- Americas (320)
- Archive (716)
- Asia (265)
- Australia (35)
- Europe & Central Asia (70)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (47)
- Pacific (103)
- Species Group (189)
- Taxonomy (158)
- Uncategorized (6)
Five most recent topics
- Review of illegal killing of birds in Europe, the Arabian Peninsula, Iraq and Iran
- Yellow-breasted Pipit (Hemimacronyx chloris): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered?
- Okarito Brown Kiwi (Apteryx rowi): Downlist to Vulnerable?
- White-winged Cotinga (Xipholena atropurpurea): downlist from Endangered to Vulnerable?
- Atlantic Royal Flycatcher (Onychorhynchus swainsoni): downlist from Vulnerable to Near Threatened?
- The Montserrat Oriole is no longer Critically Endangered January 20, 2017This article was first published in the December issue of BirdLife The Magazine. Subscribe via iTunes/Android to easily support our conservation work. With two thirds of its suitable forest habitat completely destroyed, the population of Montserrat Oriole Icterus oberi dramatically declined after a series of volcanic eruptions during the late 1990s, and suffered from the impact of invasive […]
- Berlin - Painting the town green! January 20, 2017On the eve of the annual ‘Wir habe es satt!!’ (‘We are fed up!’) march during Berlin’s International Green Week – when tens of thousands march for a new approach to farming – our Agriculture Policy Officer Thomas Quinn explains why, this year, it is more important than ever to tell the European Commission that […]
- Major oil spill in Turkey; emergency teams deployed [PHOTOS] January 19, 2017A major oil spill is affecting coastal areas in western Turkey. Doğa Derneği (Birdlife Turkey) has deployed an emergency team of volunteers to help oiled wildlife. In the clear waters of Izmit Bay in western Turkey, a major oil spill is putting human health and marine biodiversity at risk. The spill occurred last Friday near […]
- The Montserrat Oriole is no longer Critically Endangered January 20, 2017
Tag Archives: Diamantina Tapaculo
Archived 2016 topics: Diamantina Tapaculo (Scytalopus diamantinensis): uplist from Near Threatened to Endangered?
BirdLife species factsheet for Diamantina Tapaculo Diamantina Tapaculo is known only from the Chapada Diamantina, Bahia, Brazil (Bornschein et al. 2007). The species is listed as Near Threatened, approaching the thresholds for B1ab(iii). The species’s Extent of Occurrence (EOO) is … Continue reading
Archived 2010-2011 topics: Diamantina Tapaculo (Scytalopus diamantinensis): newly described and threatened?
Diamantina Tapaculo Scytalopus diamantinensis has been described from the Chapada Diamantina, Bahia State, Brazil (Bornschein et al. 2007) and is now recognised by BirdLife in line with SACC (2008). Because it is currently known from just four locations within a small range, Bornschein et al. (2007) recommend that it be classified as Vulnerable. Comments on the species’s likely true distribution, and threats to its habitat are welcomed to inform this assessment. Continue reading