- Africa (188)
- Americas (341)
- Archive (716)
- Asia (299)
- Australia (40)
- Europe & Central Asia (85)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (56)
- Pacific (134)
- Species Group (212)
- Taxonomy (160)
Five most recent topics
- Re-assessment of Species against Criterion B1: Red List Implications of the use of Minimum Convex Polygons
- Species to be potentially uplisted after a reassessment of species against criterion B2, following Tracewski et al. (2016)
- Proposed Status Changes of Forest-dependent Species
- Snowy Owl (Bubo scandiacus): uplist from Least Concern to Vulnerable?
- Yellow-naped Amazon (Amazona auropalliata): request for information.
- Nature Kenya’s Serah Munguti recognised for Tusk Conservation Award June 23, 2017After several years on the frontline working with communities and campaigning for the conservation of Kenya’s biodiverse Tana River Delta, Serah Munguti, Advocacy Manager of BirdLife International’s Partner in Kenya was shortlisted as finalist for the fifth annual Tusk Award. Serah who works for Nature Kenya has reached out to local communities and engaged with […]
- The Bird Bulletin - Vol. 12 June 23, 2017Welcome to the latest edition of ‘The Bird Bulletin’ – our weekly news brief. Every Friday morning, we bring you bite-sized updates from across Europe & Central Asia – kick start your weekend with “what a little bird told me!” ALIEN COVENANT – On Monday, EU Member States approved the inclusion of 12 new […]
- 'Mighty oaks from little acorns grow' June 23, 2017Our partners BirdLife Cyprus, BirdLife Malta and LIPU (Italy) have worked together very productively in the initial phases of a project to reduce illegal trapping of birds in the Mediterranean.
- Nature Kenya’s Serah Munguti recognised for Tusk Conservation Award June 23, 2017
Tag Archives: Diamantina Tapaculo
Archived 2016 topics: Diamantina Tapaculo (Scytalopus diamantinensis): uplist from Near Threatened to Endangered?
BirdLife species factsheet for Diamantina Tapaculo Diamantina Tapaculo is known only from the Chapada Diamantina, Bahia, Brazil (Bornschein et al. 2007). The species is listed as Near Threatened, approaching the thresholds for B1ab(iii). The species’s Extent of Occurrence (EOO) is … Continue reading
Archived 2010-2011 topics: Diamantina Tapaculo (Scytalopus diamantinensis): newly described and threatened?
Diamantina Tapaculo Scytalopus diamantinensis has been described from the Chapada Diamantina, Bahia State, Brazil (Bornschein et al. 2007) and is now recognised by BirdLife in line with SACC (2008). Because it is currently known from just four locations within a small range, Bornschein et al. (2007) recommend that it be classified as Vulnerable. Comments on the species’s likely true distribution, and threats to its habitat are welcomed to inform this assessment. Continue reading