- Africa (113)
- Americas (217)
- Archive (438)
- Asia (199)
- Australia (28)
- Europe & Central Asia (66)
- Illegal killing of birds (1)
- Middle East (41)
- Pacific (69)
- Species Group (163)
- Taxonomy (1)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Red Knot (Calidris canutus): request for information
- Curlew Sandpiper (Calidris ferruginea): request for information
- Bar-tailed Godwit (Limosa lapponica): uplist to Vulnerable?
- Great Knot (Calidris tenuirostris): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered or Critically Endangered?
- Far Eastern Curlew (Numenius madagascariensis): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered or Critically Endangered?
Tag Archives: Derbyan Parakeet
Archived 2010-2011 topics: Derbyan Parakeet (Psittacula derbiana): information on the threat from trade and resulting population trends requested.
Derbyan Parakeet Psittacula derbiana is currently listed as Least Concern on the IUCN Red List, however recent reports suggest the species is heavily trapped for trade and has disappeared from areas where it was once common. Comments on population trends and threats to the species are invited. If these suggest that the species is declining at a rate approaching 30% over three generations the species may warrant uplisting. Continue reading