- Africa (87)
- Americas (186)
- Archive (255)
- Asia (169)
- Australia (20)
- Europe & Central Asia (32)
- Middle East (21)
- Pacific (61)
- Species Group (123)
- Taxonomy (1)
Five most recent topics
- Suggestions for new topics
- The taxonomic treatment of the Little Shearwater (Puffinus assimilis)/Audubon’s Shearwater (P. lherminieri) complex is being revised, and P. bryani is being recognised as a species: request for information
- Cory’s Shearwater (Calonectris diomedea) is being split: request for information on C. diomedea and C. borealis
- King Rail (Rallus elegans) is being split: request for information on R. elegans and R. tenuirostris.
- Sulawesi Scops-owl (Otus manadensis) is being split: list O. mendeni and O. sulaensis as Vulnerable?
Tag Archives: Coppery-bellied Puffleg
Archived 2010-2011 topics: Coppery-bellied Puffleg (Eriocnemis cupreoventris): request for information
Coppery-bellied Puffleg Eriocnemis cupreoventris is listed as Near Threatened under criterion B1a+b(i,ii,iiiv) on the basis that the species was thought to occur at a small number of locations within a moderately small range, which is in decline owing to habitat loss and degradation. The species’s Extent of Occurrence has been updated and is now estimated at 42,900 km2, which no longer approaches the threshold for Vulnerable under the B1 criterion. This suggests that the species is eligible for downlisting to Least Concern.