- Africa (83)
- Americas (177)
- Archive (179)
- Asia (160)
- Australia (14)
- Europe & Central Asia (28)
- Middle East (16)
- Pacific (51)
- Species Group (111)
- Taxonomy (1)
Five most recent topics
- Grey-tailed Tattler (Heteroscelus brevipes): uplist to Near Threatened?
- Rosy Bee-eater (Merops malimbicus): request for information
- Goldie’s Bird-of-paradise (Paradisea decora): uplist to Vulnerable?
- Wood Thrush (Hylocichla mustelina): uplist to Near Threatened?
- White-winged Flufftail (Sarothrura ayresi): uplist to Critically Endangered?
Tag Archives: Coppery-bellied Puffleg
Archived 2010-2011 topics: Coppery-bellied Puffleg (Eriocnemis cupreoventris): request for information
Coppery-bellied Puffleg Eriocnemis cupreoventris is listed as Near Threatened under criterion B1a+b(i,ii,iiiv) on the basis that the species was thought to occur at a small number of locations within a moderately small range, which is in decline owing to habitat loss and degradation. The species’s Extent of Occurrence has been updated and is now estimated at 42,900 km2, which no longer approaches the threshold for Vulnerable under the B1 criterion. This suggests that the species is eligible for downlisting to Least Concern.