- Africa (102)
- Americas (211)
- Archive (438)
- Asia (188)
- Australia (20)
- Europe & Central Asia (54)
- Illegal killing of birds (1)
- Middle East (32)
- Pacific (67)
- Species Group (144)
- Taxonomy (1)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Horned Grebe (Podiceps auritus) – uplist from Least Concern to Vulnerable?
- Velvet Scoter (Melanitta fusca) – downlist from Endangered to Vulnerable?
- Little Bustard (Tetrax tetrax) – uplist from Near Threatened to Vulnerable?
- Caucasian Grouse (Lyrurus mlokosiewiczi) – downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
- Black Lark (Melanocorypha yeltoniensis) – request for information from Central Asia
Tag Archives: Chilean Flamingo
Archived 2014 discussion: Andean Flamingo (Phoenicoparrus andinus), Puna Flamingo (P. jamesi) and Chilean Flamingo (Phoenicopterus chilensis): downlist all to Least Concern?
Andean Flamingo Phoenicoparrus andinus is currently listed as Vulnerable under the A criterion, and James’s Flamingo P. jamesi and Chilean Flamingo Phoenicopterus chilensis are listed as Near Threatened under the A criterion. The results of surveys carried out for the International Simultaneous Census and Simultaneous Census of Network Sites in 2010 and six previous years since 1997 suggest that the population trends of these species are in fact stable or increasing (Marconi et al. in press). Continue reading