- Africa (104)
- Americas (215)
- Archive (438)
- Asia (191)
- Australia (20)
- Europe & Central Asia (62)
- Illegal killing of birds (1)
- Middle East (35)
- Pacific (67)
- Species Group (153)
- Taxonomy (1)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Razorbill (Alca torda) – uplist from Least Concern to Near Threatened?
- Red-breasted Goose (Branta ruficollis) – downlist from Endangered to Near Threatened?
- Yelkouan Shearwater (Puffinus yelkouan) – downlist from Vulnerable to Least Concern?
- Armenian Gull (Larus armenicus) – uplist from Least Concern to Near Threatened?
- Audouin’s Gull (Larus audouinii) – downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
Tag Archives: Chestnut-capped Piha
There is some confusion over the level of habitat fragmentation relevant to this species. Given the extremely small range size of this species, the incorporation of severe fragmentation into the Red List assessment would likely qualify the species for Critically Endangered under criterion B1 (cf. Fundación ProAves de Colombia 2011).