- Africa (113)
- Americas (217)
- Archive (438)
- Asia (198)
- Australia (28)
- Europe & Central Asia (66)
- Illegal killing of birds (1)
- Middle East (41)
- Pacific (69)
- Species Group (163)
- Taxonomy (1)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Red Knot (Calidris canutus): request for information
- Curlew Sandpiper (Calidris ferruginea): request for information
- Bar-tailed Godwit (Limosa lapponica): uplist to Vulnerable?
- Great Knot (Calidris tenuirostris): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered or Critically Endangered?
- Far Eastern Curlew (Numenius madagascariensis): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered or Critically Endangered?
Tag Archives: Campbell Islands Teal
Campbell Islands Teal Anas nesiotis was formally recognised by BirdLife International in 2000 and immediately listed as Critically Endangered under criterion D1, as it had a population of fewer than 50 mature individuals. Since 1999, a breeding, translocation and reintroduction programme has been successful in increasing the total population. Continue reading