- Africa (113)
- Americas (217)
- Archive (438)
- Asia (199)
- Australia (28)
- Europe & Central Asia (66)
- Illegal killing of birds (1)
- Middle East (41)
- Pacific (69)
- Species Group (163)
- Taxonomy (1)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Red Knot (Calidris canutus): request for information
- Curlew Sandpiper (Calidris ferruginea): request for information
- Bar-tailed Godwit (Limosa lapponica): uplist to Vulnerable?
- Great Knot (Calidris tenuirostris): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered or Critically Endangered?
- Far Eastern Curlew (Numenius madagascariensis): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered or Critically Endangered?
Tag Archives: Calayan Rail
This discussion was first published as part of the 2013 Red List update, but remains open for comment to enable reassessment in 2015. BirdLife species factsheet for Calayan Rail Calayan Rail Gallirallus calayanensis is restricted to Calayan island in the Babuyan … Continue reading
Calayan Rail Gallirallus calayanensis is currently listed as Vulnerable, but any evidence of a continuing decline either in its EOO, Area of Occupancy, area, extent or quality of habitat or number of mature individuals will warrant uplisting of the species. Information is requested on the rate of habitat loss, prevalence of other threats and the species’s likely population trend. Continue reading