- Africa (89)
- Americas (210)
- Archive (438)
- Asia (175)
- Australia (20)
- Europe & Central Asia (32)
- Illegal killing of birds (1)
- Middle East (21)
- Pacific (66)
- Species Group (137)
- Taxonomy (1)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Review of illegal killing and taking of birds in the Mediterranean
- Cory’s Shearwater (Calonectris diomedea) is being split: request for information on C. diomedea and C. borealis
- The taxonomic treatment of the Little Shearwater (Puffinus assimilis)/Audubon’s Shearwater (P. lherminieri) complex is being revised, and P. bryani is being recognised as a species: request for information
- Aleutian Tern (Onychoprion aleuticus, formerly Sterna aleutica): uplist to Vulnerable or Endangered?
- Ogea Monarch (Mayrornis versicolor): downlist to Near Threatened or Least Concern?
Tag Archives: Bugun Liocichla
Archived 2014 discussion: Bugun Liocichla (Liocichla bugunorum): is it eligible for a higher threat category?
The likely range of this species has been recently remapped with reference to a recently reported sighting near Bomdila (C. Bonpo in litt. 2011), resulting in an estimated Extent of Occurrence (EOO) of c.140 km2. The species is now known from up to three locations. Comments are invited on this species’s threat status and further information would be welcomed, particularly on the likely population size and trend. Continue reading