- Africa (114)
- Americas (218)
- Archive (525)
- Asia (200)
- Australia (29)
- Europe & Central Asia (67)
- Illegal killing of birds (1)
- Middle East (42)
- Pacific (70)
- Species Group (164)
- Taxonomy (2)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Global IUCN Red List for birds – 2015 changes
- The taxonomic treatment of the Little Shearwater (Puffinus assimilis)/Audubon’s Shearwater (P. lherminieri) complex is being revised, and P. bryani is being recognised as a species: request for information
- Black-bellied Sandgrouse (Pterocles orientalis) – request for information from Central Asia
- Tessmann’s Flycatcher (Muscicapa tessmanni): List as Least Concern?
- Eared Quetzal (Euptilotis neoxenus): Downlist to Least Concern?
Tag Archives: Bugun Liocichla
Archived 2014 discussion: Bugun Liocichla (Liocichla bugunorum): is it eligible for a higher threat category?
The likely range of this species has been recently remapped with reference to a recently reported sighting near Bomdila (C. Bonpo in litt. 2011), resulting in an estimated Extent of Occurrence (EOO) of c.140 km2. The species is now known from up to three locations. Comments are invited on this species’s threat status and further information would be welcomed, particularly on the likely population size and trend. Continue reading