- Africa (113)
- Americas (217)
- Archive (438)
- Asia (199)
- Australia (28)
- Europe & Central Asia (66)
- Illegal killing of birds (1)
- Middle East (41)
- Pacific (69)
- Species Group (163)
- Taxonomy (1)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Red Knot (Calidris canutus): request for information
- Curlew Sandpiper (Calidris ferruginea): request for information
- Bar-tailed Godwit (Limosa lapponica): uplist to Vulnerable?
- Great Knot (Calidris tenuirostris): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered or Critically Endangered?
- Far Eastern Curlew (Numenius madagascariensis): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered or Critically Endangered?
Tag Archives: Bronze-winged Parrot
This species is noted to be declining in Colombia and western Ecuador, owing to the clearance of subtropical forest, which has been severe and rapid on Andean slopes (Juniper and Parr 1998). Anecdotal evidence, based on the frequency of sightings, suggests that the species has declined in Piñas, southern Ecuador, over the past c.15-20 years (M. Sanchez per D. Díaz in litt. 2011). It is also said to have been extirpated from formerly occupied areas such as the Andean slopes of Cauca and Magdalena Valleys in Colombia, again owing to habitat loss (Juniper and Parr 1998). Continue reading