- Africa (139)
- Americas (262)
- Archive (525)
- Asia (200)
- Australia (29)
- Europe & Central Asia (67)
- Illegal killing of birds (1)
- Middle East (43)
- Pacific (74)
- Species Group (177)
- Taxonomy (3)
- Uncategorized (5)
Five most recent topics
- White-winged Cotinga (Xipholena atropurpurea): downlist from Endangered to Vulnerable?
- Brown-backed Parrotlet (Touit melanonotus): downlist from Endangered to Vulnerable?
- Orange-bellied Antwren (Terenura sicki): uplist from Endangered to Critically Endangered?
- Dwarf Tinamou (Taoniscus nanus): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered?
- Bahia Spinetail (Synallaxis whitneyi): downlist from Vulnerable to Near Threatened?
- Making a difference: the impact of BirdLife August 24, 2016Biodiversity is in decline across the world, with unsustainable development destroying natural habitats and driving species extinct. This is reducing the capacity of our planet to sustain us into the future, and often causes the poorest in society to lose out. BirdLife International is playing a unique and critical role in tackling this crisis. BirdLife is the world’s largest nature conservation Partnership, comprising 120 national nature conservation organisations in 118 countries worldwide. Our unique structure – a democratic partnership of grassroots organisations – and the solid scientific foundation to our conservation programmes helps us to deliver high […]
- Efforts to enhance climate change resilience in the Lake Kivu and Rusizi River Basins August 18, 2016The transboundary Lake Kivu and Rusizi River basins between Rwanda, Burundi and the DRC are very important for biodiversity and for ecosystem services that they provide; they cover the whole or parts of at least 15 Key Biodiversity Areas (KBAs) of which 12 are terrestrial and three are freshwater KBAs, hosting at least 55 Red-Listed […]
- Protect a Little Paradise August 15, 2016Getting visitors to the beautiful Cook Islands to contribute to the protection of its environment is a new initiative launched in July by BirdLife Cook Islands Partner, Te Ipukarea Society. The staff and executive committee of the Society hosted the Mana Tiaki – ‘Protect a Little Paradise’ - official launch night at The Islander in […]
- Making a difference: the impact of BirdLife August 24, 2016
Tag Archives: Brazilian Merganser
BirdLife species factsheet for Brazilian Merganser Brazilian Merganser Mergus octosetaceus occurs at a few highly disjunct localities in south-central Brazil, with a few records from Argentina in 2002 (the first in the country for 10 years despite extensive surveys) (Benstead 1994, Hearn … Continue reading