- Africa (169)
- Americas (321)
- Archive (716)
- Asia (266)
- Australia (35)
- Europe & Central Asia (70)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (47)
- Pacific (103)
- Species Group (189)
- Taxonomy (158)
Five most recent topics
- Review of illegal killing of birds in Europe, the Arabian Peninsula, Iraq and Iran
- Shy Albatross (Thalassarche cauta): uplist from Near Threatened to Vulnerable?
- Amsterdam Albatross (Diomedea amsterdamensis): downlist from Critically Endangered to Endangered?
- Okarito Brown Kiwi (Apteryx rowi): Downlist to Vulnerable?
- Northern Brown Kiwi (Apteryx mantelli): downlist to Vulnerable?
- Hot off the Press! ‘European Birds of Conservation Concern’ May 22, 2017BirdLife unveils its latest publication, ‘European Birds of Conservation Concern’, in Parma Italy. This essential handbook will help every country in Europe to identify their bird conservation responsibilities. ‘Birds know no borders’ – this oft-cited observation is especially pertinent in Europe, writes Dr. Ian Burfield and Anna Staneva in their introduction to BirdLife International’s […]
- Europe celebrates ‘Natura 2000 Day’! May 22, 2017As Europeans celebrate their first official ‘Natura 2000 Day’, Asunción Ruiz, director of SEO/BirdLife Spain, tell Spanish press agency EFE why “the planet needs Europe’. It’s one of the European Union’s single greatest achievements, yet millions of Europeans are not aware of its existence. For the past 25 years, the Natura 2000 network has probably […]
- The Bird Bulletin - Vol. 8 May 19, 2017Welcome to the latest edition of ‘The Bird Bulletin’ – our weekly news brief. Every Friday morning, we bring you bite-sized updates from across Europe & Central Asia – kick start your weekend with “what a little bird told me!” THANK (E)U FOR CELEBRATING NATURE! – This week the EU officially declared 21st May […]
- Hot off the Press! ‘European Birds of Conservation Concern’ May 22, 2017
Tag Archives: Brazilian Black-tyrant
Archived 2012-2013 topics: Brazilian Black-tyrant (Knipolegus franciscanus): downlist to Least Concern?
BirdLife Species Factsheet for Brazilian Black-tyrant Brazilian Black-tyrant Knipolegus franciscanus is a dry forest species associated with limestone outcrops at most known locations. It is currently listed as Near Threatened as it was believed to have a declining population which … Continue reading